Singapore Expats

Windsurfing in Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
MW77

Windsurfing in Singapore

Post by MW77 » Sat, 28 Oct 2006 1:25 pm

Hi All

Just relocated from Beijing and looking to take advantage of the fresh air, clean water and freedom of the press here.

Looking to get back into regular windsurfing and I would appreciate it if someone would share their wisdom as to the best beaches, places to buy and store gear (wont have a car but maybe two wheels eventually), conditions, etc

When I get sorted if anyones up for a sail sometime - get in touch!

Many thanks

Mark

KeriT
Regular
Regular

Post by KeriT » Sun, 29 Oct 2006 1:52 am

You can try PA (East Coast) where they actually do allow people to store their sails and board for a fee. The windsurfing centre located within Pasta Fresca do too. (Although, I heard that its closed... I'm not too sure about it as I've not been there for a while)

East COast is your best bet for windsurfing beach.

Equipmemt wise: Fellow windsurfers over there would be able to provide you with a much better picture. You can try the shop "Constant Wind".

swashbuckler

Post by swashbuckler » Sun, 29 Oct 2006 9:12 am

KeriT wrote:You can try PA (East Coast) where they actually do allow people to store their sails and board for a fee. The windsurfing centre located within Pasta Fresca do too. (Although, I heard that its closed... I'm not too sure about it as I've not been there for a while)

East COast is your best bet for windsurfing beach.

Equipmemt wise: Fellow windsurfers over there would be able to provide you with a much better picture. You can try the shop "Constant Wind".
unfortunately, pasta fresca is indeed closed, they tore down the whole structure. It's a pity as it was my fave place to windsurf.
I guess PA is the best (only) place now.

Steven Fan

Post by Steven Fan » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 4:24 pm

Well...dont put too much expectation on Singapore wind condition.....
7-9 knots is usual....N thatz definitely not strong enough to pick up the speed. ...I would suggest Bintan if you dont mind travling.
PM me or sms me at 81009593

rainswash

Windsurfing 18th or 19th Nov

Post by rainswash » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:50 am

Hi,

I haven't garnered enough posts to pm anyone. Sorry.
Anyhow, me and another guy are going to windsurf at PA at the above dates, anyone kind to join? Prolly looking at 1pm to around 5pm, depending on the wind condition.
Please reply here if you're interested and we could update each other via msn or email then.
Thanks!