Singapore Expats

15 weeks pregnant and new to singapore c",)

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.
mc_alex

15 weeks pregnant and new to singapore c",)

Post by mc_alex » Thu, 26 Oct 2006 2:27 pm

Hi There im just new here in singapore, :D
My husband is working here and im on my 15 weeks of my pregnancy.
I have my OB/GYN on my country, and now Im looking for a nice lady OB/GYN here in singapore please guys recommend me one :( Diz is my first pregnancy im still young just 20 and so im a bit scared and shy :oops: to see OB/GYN but my husband is full support to me thats why i know i will be fine soon.
Plus i dont have much friends here in singapore, i would like to meet women who's tummy is getting bigger just like mine now :D or anybody :)
Any Reply to my poor writing will be much appreciated. :D
Thanks to everybody :D

Ro & D

Post by Ro & D » Thu, 26 Oct 2006 9:17 pm

Hi there

Dr Mary Rauff is great. She consults at both NUH and Mt Elizabeth.

danny_chankl

Post by danny_chankl » Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:52 pm

Hi,

You can try Dr. Tanny Chan at Gleneagles Hospital Medical Centre. She used to be a director of Gyn/OB of the main women/children hospital in Singapore.

If you are looking for breast-feeding info, you can join the local LLL or BMSG(breastfeeding support group)http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg

Happy pregnancy!

mc_alex

Post by mc_alex » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 2:56 pm

Hi To Ro & D :) and To danny_chankl :) ,
It was really nice your replies, me and my husband will check it out diz comming weekends on how to reach the doctors u mentioned, it was a great help. Many many thanks to both of you. :D
Im really glad about the brestfeeding group u mention danny_chankl i'll check it out to. 8-)
Thanks and God Bless to Everyone. :D
Cheers
mc_alex :D

Imbun Ams

Female Gynae

Post by Imbun Ams » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 7:23 pm

Hi there...

Welcome to singapore, I would recommend my Gynae. Her name is Dr. Ratna Mitra, can call her clinic for appointment at 64712617 at Gleneagles hospital. I believe she got other clinics too. I'm on my 26 weeks pregnancy. My First pregnancy was succesfully done with her, my first son is 16 monhts now. Do let me know if you ned other info.

Once again, enjoy every moment of your pregnancy. God bless you.

Imbun Ams

mc_alex

Post by mc_alex » Sun, 29 Oct 2006 2:31 pm

Hi IMBUN ams :)
It was so nice your reply, thanks a lot thats a big nhelp for my reference, me and my husband we'll gonna check that out too. Thank so so so much :D
God Bless to you also and Happy pregnancy too. :D
cheers
mc_alex

truebliss

Confinement Lady

Post by truebliss » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:47 pm

Hi all,

Juz to share my story here, Confinement Lady from agency is more reliable. U need not worry if she would run away after undertaken yr deposit...Neither, would you afraid that she would ran away after one week from yr home nor will she steal anything from your home. I Don't leave it to chance! Engaging an agent will eliminate all the grey areas to ease your worries. My CL was from an agent, she's very professional, I was approached by this agent - Doreen. She knows i was looking for a CL and recommends a CL (Ah Hoon) from Ipoh. Initially, she arranged for conversation w the CL 1st then arrange for her to come and standby two weeks b4 my EDD. So I paid her agent fee of $300 as $200 was 2 obtain work permit for the CL. Shortly, after delivery, I was amazed when she turn up with a hamper on hand at my maternity ward to congratulate me and brought the CL with her. I don't remember telling her which hospital i was deliverying my boy.... Thereafter, the CL stays with me at the hospital and later I bring her home after discharge. The CL was experience was superb, she would ensure i get lots of rest and my BB gets 101% attention at all time. She also ensure my whole house is kept clean and sparkling everyday. I was very amazed and appreciate her help. Her cooking was also very amazing! Tasted better than the normal confinement food, she would ensure I have different types of confinement menus each meal. I really hope that she was my mother-in-law!? Ha... Juz joking. At the end, I still had to ler her go... I don't believe I actually drop a tear for her when she left! I gave her an angbao of $188 when she left on Sept. Bottomline I had the most interesting confinement period everyday is an experience and there's free BB lesson for me, it's money well spent!

shidal
Regular
Regular

Post by shidal » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 6:28 am

take care, if u meed after pregnacy let me know :wink:
My mind is a beautiful place to be.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 2:04 pm

Hey girl have you given birth ??? How you doing so far ?
Always have a smile on that face!