Singapore Expats Forum

True Yoga - BEWARE

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

aussiegal

True Yoga - BEWARE

Postby aussiegal » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 6:29 pm

I am writing this post to alert people of True Yoga...

I signed up in April with a 6 month contract. Very expensive joining fee and monthly fee, but was willing to pay, due to all the promises made about facilities and classes etc. In June I cancelled my membership, with the possibility of having to return to my home country. However, I was prepared to fulfill the 6 month contract and continue to pay the monthly fees. I went to the centre in June to give them the 2 months notice they require. I filled out the termintation form and thought everything was settled.

Oh no... when I checked my credit card bill, they are still billing me. I've spent the past week on the phone trying to speak to managers and resolve the issue. The girls at the desk have been clueless and most unhelpful - full of lies such as "the manager is out... they'll be back later... they will return your call." Blah, blah. Finally, I go down there and speak to an operations manager. She informs me that no termination form was received, and therefore I'm out of pocket for $250. She also informs me that the centre has no refund policy! What the hell is this about! I ask if it's possible that my termination form was lost in the system. This idea is totally inconceivable to the stupid b**ch. I also point out that I've not attended a class in almost 3 months. Why then would I continue to pay such hugh fees each month and not use the place??? No answer to that.

Well, I'm now taking it to the small claims tribunal. I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar experience and what was the outcome? Any stories would be valued.

ngkypcs

TRUE YOGA

Postby ngkypcs » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 9:37 pm

Hi aussiegal

I have received numerous calls from TRUE YOGA offering me free yoga classes for 1 week. As I am always travelling so I told them I am not free. Moreover, I am not interested in so called "free" classes as I believe nothing is free.

They even call me when I am overseas and the last time they called, I told them upfront I am not interested and hope that they will stop calling me.