Singapore Expats

The Haze

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Bafana

The Haze

Post by Bafana » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 9:39 am

It has been really bad of late - Any recommendatiosn on staying healthy during it. It seems to make my eyes irritated and I feel like throwing up sometimes (not to mention feeling really dirty)???
Be Like Water

ngkypcs

THE HAZE

Post by ngkypcs » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:48 am

hi Bafana

A group of friend has been taking a superfruit drink with is a nutrient-dense fruit juice that contains an exceptionally high amount of antioxidants. Out of the 4 types of nutrient-rich blend of ingredients, I heard it contains Chinese Lycium fruit which has about 40 times more zeaxanthin than in corn. Zeaxanthin, which is a carotenoid necessary to protect health of the eyes.

If you are interested, I can email you the details of this product.

Rgds

mrsmonkie
Regular
Regular

Post by mrsmonkie » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:37 pm

I have been trying to stay indoors over the bad haze periods and upping my intake of water from 2 litres to 3-4L....cheapest way of flushing out toxins.

Sounds really lame, and might not work.....but perhaps wear sunglasses when walking around outside....just a thought 8-)

wellnesshome

Clearing the air on haze

Post by wellnesshome » Tue, 17 Oct 2006 9:25 am

I have invested an air purifier to clear the air in my house. It has worked wonderfully well and I can feel the air quality difference with and without the air purifier operating.

There are a number of brands in the market and price ranges from couple hundreds to two thousand plus basic to top performance models. Look for those that have at least three of following filters:

1. Pre filter
2. Carbon filter
3. Photo-Catalytic filter
4. Nano Copper filter
5. Nano HEPA filter

It is important to choose the right air purifier for the size of your home. Do not stress our pair of lungs. Use the air purifier as our family external lungs.
Let's all try our very best to keep our intention of building meaningful relationships alive and not let it get buried under.

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 4:38 pm

Good suggestions.

Its really messing with my eyes so the sunnies maybe a good idea.
Be Like Water

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:47 am

Air purifier is probably a must. Try drinking lots of water.