Singapore Expats Forum

Dating Agency

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Noura

Dating Agency

Postby Noura » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:09 am

Hi,

Is anyone knew of dating agency for single profesional ,whom has intention of settling down.

I had only came across "lunch actually" and "Good luck".

Your input is appreciated,

Noura

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dating agency

Postby joop » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 6:47 pm

Oh, don't you know?Singapore Expats Friends & Dating is a better option for you. :wink:

You can choose who you want to date.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Noura

Postby Noura » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 7:17 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I will prefer to leave it to profesional ,whom should know best of their job.

Just find that its too much work to find the someone online,sometimes the other party might not share the same intention/thinking.:)

Thanks anyway.

Noura

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Reply

Postby Bremen » Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:03 am

Noura wrote:
I will prefer to leave it to profesional ,whom should know best of their job.

Erm. Most of these "Professionals" don't knwo what they're doing either, and might just be bored housewives who enjoy comparing lists...

And comparing lists is what dating sites do too, and they're cheaper than paying some "professional".
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dating

Postby joop » Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:14 am

Precisely.. and charges do not come cheap, approx. $1000 or $2000? Isn't it better to find a date you are more comfortable with, like seeing their profile, photos, than have a 'surprise' during the blind date... :roll:
Singapore Expats

merliongal26
Regular
Regular

Postby merliongal26 » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 4:18 pm

Many people lie about themselves on online dating sites... at least for proper agencies like Lunch actually, they have to sign that they are telling the truth, otherwise they'd get sued.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 4:40 pm

merliongal26 wrote:Many people lie about themselves on online dating sites... at least for proper agencies like Lunch actually, they have to sign that they are telling the truth, otherwise they'd get sued.

Has somebody actually successfully sued a dating agency, or somebody they found through one? :o Let's see some links.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

merliongal26
Regular
Regular

Postby merliongal26 » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 6:53 pm

Huh? Sue a dating company? For what? I meant they HAVE to be honest if they use a legitimate dating agency, but they don't have to tell the truth online, so its still safer to go out with someone matched by an agency, rather than search thru online profiles.

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dating

Postby joop » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 8:02 pm

merliongal26 wrote:Huh? Sue a dating company? For what? I meant they HAVE to be honest if they use a legitimate dating agency, but they don't have to tell the truth online, so its still safer to go out with someone matched by an agency, rather than search thru online profiles.

Not necessarily, they don't check your personal credentials, do checks on your marital statuses, they just 'believe' what you say. It's no different from what people post online, should a person decide to lie, it makes no difference whether it's a dating agency or a online dating site. :?
Singapore Expats

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Mon, 23 Oct 2006 6:28 pm

merliongal26 wrote:Huh? Sue a dating company? For what? I meant they HAVE to be honest if they use a legitimate dating agency, but they don't have to tell the truth online, so its still safer to go out with someone matched by an agency, rather than search thru online profiles.

Why would they "HAVE" to be any more honest than if filling out an online profile? Do you think the dating agency cares?
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 23 Oct 2006 8:57 pm

I see niativity is alive a well.

merliongal26
Regular
Regular

Postby merliongal26 » Mon, 23 Oct 2006 9:03 pm

Well, my friend signed up with one of the agency, and if they lie on their forms, and the other party complains about it, the agency has the right to sue him/her, so I'm sure the likelihood of anyone lying there is surely lower than that of online dating sites that no one is controlling.Online, even if a guy says he's a girl, you can't do anything when you find out the truth.

Plus, I figured it's pretty dumb to pay thousands to join a legimate dating agency, lie, get exposed and to get sued after paying so much to join in the first place.

shuriken
Regular
Regular

Postby shuriken » Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:08 am

I think someone here has been dating too many "loser" guys. :o
I would like to point out that inspite of whatever preferences you may have
in choosing your dates; whether he's a professional circus clown or not , if you feel attraction or attracted, there's no logical explanation for it. you're hooked!

Bogus information in profiles isn't an issue if parties involved are sincere enough about finding love. the truth will surface. i mean, why would i go through so much hassle as filling up a profile, posting my picture, and pay for it only to cook up some bullsh!t story about myself?

Frankly, i dont see why there has to be so much red tape in dating nowadays
when all that really matters is "sparks fly" and "magic happens". That's the way it should be.

merliongal26
Regular
Regular

Postby merliongal26 » Wed, 25 Oct 2006 3:26 pm

Well, I guess u have to "thank" those people who are too free, and go online using some random photo of a sexy girl, and passing it off as themselves =p Seriously, I know of people who do that just for the heck of it just to see how many guys respond to a nice looking photo.

Abby113

Postby Abby113 » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 10:14 am

Well,

I still think that going out and meeting people is the right way to go...agencies are there for profit-making...they dont care if it really matches..just take your cash and gives you girls/ guys to meet with...that's it!
Independance!!!