Singapore Expats Forum

English chocolates

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Jo_Hillbrooks

English chocolates

Postby Jo_Hillbrooks » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 2:13 pm

Does anyone know where in Singapore I can buy Revels, Toffee Crisp, Galaxy Minstrels and/or poppets?
Thanks you!!! :D

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 3:37 pm

Cold Storage gets some UK produced chocolate in sometimes (don't be fooled by the same brand made elsewhere, tastes nothing like), but you might be wise to head down to Candy Empire at Millenia Walk.

Jo_Hillbrooks

Postby Jo_Hillbrooks » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 4:09 pm

Thanks :) I did try Candy Empire (made a speical trip!) but they had very little English chocolate - nothing more than you would buy at Cold Storage - so the hunt goes on :D

whatalark
Regular
Regular

English chocolates

Postby whatalark » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 5:09 pm

Marks and Spencers?
no trees were hurt in the making of this post but a few electrons were terribly inconvenienced

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 5:12 pm

They will only stock their own brands.

Jo, I'm guessing you are recently arrived. My advice for chocolate and anything else you can't find is to work on finding a substitute otherwise you just trail round and round the malls. Sacrelige I know, where chocolate is concerned, but then you give all potential visitors a huge shopping list and consider it a real treat when it all arrives. :)

Works for pork pies too. :lol:

Jo_Hillbrooks

Postby Jo_Hillbrooks » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 5:25 pm

Marks & Sparks - great fudge I have to say! :D
I think you're probably right - I mean I really can't spend all my time here searching for toffee crisp!!!! I should be doing something worthwhile and memorable!
:wink:
Must see if I can find people who will teach me how to sail! Now that would be worthwhile!

ciotog

Postby ciotog » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 3:49 pm

I usually stock up when I'm out of the country - down in NZ next week for a couple of weeks so I can have a nose around (haven't seen a toffee crisp for ages). My sister sticks a box of chocolates and Tayto crisps in the post every few months. Seem to be the only reliable option :)

Jo_Hillbrooks

Postby Jo_Hillbrooks » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 4:01 pm

:o What a thoughtful sister - hope mine is reading this! :D