Singapore Expats

Quarantine for Pets in Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Quarantine for Pets in Singapore

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 27 Nov 2022 11:35 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Fri, 01 Jul 2022 10:03 am
Pets are for life and a lot of expats in SG give themselves a bad name for adopting a pet and then leaving them in SG ‘cos it’s too expensive to relocate a pet or their place back home doesn’t allow pets. This has caused plenty of rescue groups here to be very cautious of expats who want to adopt a pet. You wouldn’t just leave a human child behind ‘cos the plane ticket is “too expensive”.

From what my dog owner friends told me, one big dog can easily cost up to $10K to relocate.

A portion of the relocation cost went into “administrative handling” on the US side and I am grateful for the staff’s help as they knew everything.

If I were to DIY the relocation, I wouldn’t have known the cat’s blood sample could not be tested for rabies antibodies in husband’s home state and it had to be shipped to a university in the middle-of-nowhere Kansas to be tested.

Likewise, there was paperwork that had to be endorsed by a “government certified veterinarian”. Forgot what was the government agency’s name but it’s the US equivalent of SG’s AVA, I think. Hubby’s home state did not have one either and the relocation staff told us where the paperwork could be shipped to and back within 3 days.
Yup, pets are like children, there are part of the family and you can't put a price tag on family. At the end of 2021. We actually ended up having to relocate my SIL's dog and she was moving back from the US. Ended up costing her well over 5000 which is undeniably expensive, but it was a price that needed to be paid.

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Re: Quarantine for Pets in Singapore

Post by JWNYsg » Fri, 30 Dec 2022 3:54 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Sun, 27 Nov 2022 3:44 pm
JWNYsg wrote:
Sun, 27 Nov 2022 3:12 pm
I am desperate. Someone help me please on this topic
I already replied in the other post you made… The past two pages in this thread has quite a lot of information too, and quite recent from last year. What are you missing?
thank you Moch. Sorry was getting a bit vexed on my end. Currently processing paperwork and facility is available in September 2023

thanks a lot for your kind assistance and Happy New Year