Singapore Expats

Quarantine for Pets in Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 May 2013 8:35 pm

Also, please take the time to read this "entire" thread. Most, if not all, of your question will be answered. Special attention to PoodleK's posts, which I believe start somewhere on page 2.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

stuckmojo
Regular
Regular

Post by stuckmojo » Thu, 30 May 2013 8:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Also, please take the time to read this "entire" thread. Most, if not all, of your question will be answered. Special attention to PoodleK's posts, which I believe start somewhere on page 2.
thanks sundaymorningstaple. I took the time to read through the thread. Good info there.

I am aware about the muzzle, not great news, but these are the rules I suppose.

I am more interested into this stuff about dog obedience training and how much and what is what for the licence.

question mark

Post by question mark » Fri, 14 Jun 2013 4:11 pm

I want to take my dog home from bali to europe but also need to do a stop over in singapore for 1-3 days. Do I need to go through the whole import licensing ordeal for singapore or can she simply stay in transit, thus me needing only having to take care about the import licence for the final destination?

I would use airasia or similar for the bali - singapore flight and a full service carrier for singapore - europe.

thanks in advane for any help!

BubbaShrimp

Post by BubbaShrimp » Sat, 27 Jul 2013 5:13 am

question mark wrote:I want to take my dog home from bali to europe but also need to do a stop over in singapore for 1-3 days. Do I need to go through the whole import licensing ordeal for singapore or can she simply stay in transit, thus me needing only having to take care about the import licence for the final destination?

I would use airasia or similar for the bali - singapore flight and a full service carrier for singapore - europe.

thanks in advane for any help!
The AVA website says:
To transship your pets via Singapore, you would need to obtain a Transshipment Licence from AVA. The licence is valid for 30 days from the date of issue and the fee is S$50 per licence. Application for the licence can be made with the online form Licence to Import/Export/Transship Animals, Birds, Eggs and Biologics. The licence may be done within the same day with no additional surcharge.

Applicants are required to produce a copy of the valid health certificate or valid rabies vaccination (for dogs and cats only) to accompany the application. Additional documents such as copy of the import permit or import license from the importing country may be required depending on the destination country.

For transit periods of more than four hours, your pet will either be transferred to the Changi Animal and Plant Quarantine (CAPQ) or the airline's animal holding area (for shorter transit period or outside CAPQ's operation hours). The accommodation fee in CAPQ is S$26.25 / animal for one day or part thereof (for cats or dogs, with feed) or S$26.25 / kennel unit for one day or part thereof (for other animals or birds, without feed). For information on CAPQ, please click here.

BubbaShrimp

How long does it take to get a quarantine spot nowadays?

Post by BubbaShrimp » Sat, 27 Jul 2013 5:28 am

I'm new to the forum too.

My company is moving me and the wife to Singapore. We have a pet, and needless to say, I cannot leave my beloved furry sweetheart behind.

Anyhow, I have sorted out everything related to my move, except how long it will take to get the quarantine space from the AVA. The website says 3 months, and I just got in line for it after sending them the serology and vaccination docs. The website says that reservations need to be done 3 months in advance. I'm in disbelief or denial :o , hoping that in reality I won't have to put my life in pause for 3 months because of the AVA.

I want to hear from someone that has recently applied... how long did it take you to get the spot??? Anybody still waiting?? Can you share with me the date when you got in line??

MANY MANY THANKS!

BubbaShrimp

Post by BubbaShrimp » Thu, 01 Aug 2013 12:49 am

Good news!! The AVA just confirmed the quarantine space for the end of August.

lifeatbest

Post by lifeatbest » Sun, 05 Jan 2014 1:03 am

Hello! thank you for all your posting! greatly appreciate the info! I am thinking of moving moving my dog and disheartened by 3 mths wait time, anyone tried booking jan 2014 and is it 3 months?
thanks!!!
thanks!!!

ashtag06

Re: Quarantine for Pets in Singapore

Post by ashtag06 » Sat, 24 Jul 2021 6:26 am

Anyone know what the deal currently is with pets coming into the country when you have to undertake 2 weeks of quarantine? Do they also need to undertake quarantine for that period?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 24 Jul 2021 11:54 pm

ashtag06 wrote:
Sat, 24 Jul 2021 6:26 am
Anyone know what the deal currently is with pets coming into the country when you have to undertake 2 weeks of quarantine? Do they also need to undertake quarantine for that period?
https://www.nparks.gov.sg/avs/pets/brin ... -singapore

This link tells you all you need to know, hope it helps.

ashtag06

Post by ashtag06 » Sun, 25 Jul 2021 1:35 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 24 Jul 2021 11:54 pm
ashtag06 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. I have read that page before and it is really useful, however I am from a Cat A country and so our cat won't technically need to quarantine. What I'm asking is whether the cat would need to quarantine whilst we have to undertake the mandatory 2 week quarantine becuase of Covid?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 25 Jul 2021 2:45 am

ashtag06 wrote:
Sun, 25 Jul 2021 1:35 am
Lisafuller wrote:
ashtag06 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. I have read that page before and it is really useful, however I am from a Cat A country and so our cat won't technically need to quarantine. What I'm asking is whether the cat would need to quarantine whilst we have to undertake the mandatory 2 week quarantine becuase of Covid?
Taken from the Nparks website, “Dogs and cats from Category A or B countries are not required to undergo quarantine provided all veterinary conditions for import are met, and the animals are clinically healthy upon arrival.”.

ashtag06

Post by ashtag06 » Tue, 27 Jul 2021 5:09 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 25 Jul 2021 2:45 am
ashtag06 wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:

Taken from the Nparks website, “Dogs and cats from Category A or B countries are not required to undergo quarantine provided all veterinary conditions for import are met, and the animals are clinically healthy upon arrival.”.
Yes, that is really useful... but if me and my partner have to quarantine for 2 weeks. What happens to our cat for those 2 weeks? Can someone pick her up and look after her for that period? Can we book a cat hotel sort of thing? I literally can't find any info.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 28 Jul 2021 6:37 pm

ashtag06 wrote:
Tue, 27 Jul 2021 5:09 am
Lisafuller wrote:
ashtag06 wrote:

Yes, that is really useful... but if me and my partner have to quarantine for 2 weeks. What happens to our cat for those 2 weeks? Can someone pick her up and look after her for that period? Can we book a cat hotel sort of thing? I literally can't find any info.
You would probably have to board the cat at a boarding facility and arrange for the staff to pick the cat up from the airport since you won’t be able to transport him there yourself.

ashtag06

Post by ashtag06 » Fri, 30 Jul 2021 6:17 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 6:37 pm
ashtag06 wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:

You would probably have to board the cat at a boarding facility and arrange for the staff to pick the cat up from the airport since you won’t be able to transport him there yourself.
I see.. unfortunately the air line staff don't seem to understand how it all works either!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:47 am

ashtag06 wrote:
Fri, 30 Jul 2021 6:17 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 6:37 pm
ashtag06 wrote:

I see.. unfortunately the air line staff don't seem to understand how it all works either!
Not surprised. We tried importing a puppy from the US last year- was such a nightmare that we ended up just getting one from a local pet shop that they had imported in.