Singapore Expats Forum

Registration on SIA Recruitment on Sunday

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hazel25
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 31 Aug 2006
Contact:

Registration on SIA Recruitment on Sunday

Postby hazel25 » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 9:51 am

Hi all, On Sunday would be my first time to attend the SIA Recruitment and I could hardly contain my glee! I'm excited and soo nervous. Btw, upon arrival, do you need to register yourself first, show your IC or something? Thw whole process is by batch right? Thanks... :D

calvink
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun, 17 Sep 2006

Postby calvink » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:01 am

good luck!

User avatar
riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri, 22 Jul 2005
Location: Simei
Contact:

Postby riversandlakes » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:16 am

Good luck! Where's the interview?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

hazel25
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 31 Aug 2006
Contact:

Postby hazel25 » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:51 am

I think this is an Open Day as posted in their (SIA) website. The recruitment would be on 15 Oct Sun 9-12NN is the reg at the Sheraton Towers at Scotts Road... :wink:

shrapnel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon, 28 Aug 2006

Postby shrapnel » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 9:00 pm

dear hazel25,
during that day,u'll have to queue up (expected to be a superb long q) n pass in ur application form.then u'll have to wait for ur names to be called for the 1st round which is a group interview..10 applicants in a group n u need to self intro urself in a min!!!be prepared ya..
anything,u can pm me..


love,
shrapnel

hazel25
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 31 Aug 2006
Contact:

Postby hazel25 » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 9:29 pm

shrapnel,

tks so much!!! Would they ask for the IC? btw, will you be there? :D

shrapnel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon, 28 Aug 2006

Postby shrapnel » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:31 pm

yes,u need to bring along ur ic for clarification
i've gone tru all the stages and now pending for email to clarify my medical checkup n training date...
so all da best to you!!!


love,
shrapnel

Ivanz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 09 Oct 2006

Postby Ivanz » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 1:03 am

All The Best Missy!

:D :D :D

jo22
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 12 Oct 2006

Postby jo22 » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 1:01 pm

shrapnel wrote:dear hazel25,
during that day,u'll have to queue up (expected to be a superb long q) n pass in ur application form.then u'll have to wait for ur names to be called for the 1st round which is a group interview..10 applicants in a group n u need to self intro urself in a min!!!be prepared ya..
anything,u can pm me..


love,
shrapnel


Hi shrapnel,
beside the 1min intro. What are some of the questions that will likely be asked? What kind of clothing is appropriate for this interview?
Life is how you want it to be.

ntyj
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2006

Postby ntyj » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 6:48 pm

jo22 wrote:
shrapnel wrote:dear hazel25,
during that day,u'll have to queue up (expected to be a superb long q) n pass in ur application form.then u'll have to wait for ur names to be called for the 1st round which is a group interview..10 applicants in a group n u need to self intro urself in a min!!!be prepared ya..
anything,u can pm me..


love,
shrapnel


Hi shrapnel,
beside the 1min intro. What are some of the questions that will likely be asked? What kind of clothing is appropriate for this interview?


hi girl,
im sorry for being a little harsh here,
should u be really interested in joining SIA, shldnt u put in a little more effort and read up urself rather den asking questions that have been repeatedly answered?

however, jus providing a little advice, dress formal. its just polite to.
SIA is not a mere small organisation, i think it will be respectful of candidates to dress appropriately and formally for the interviews.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 6:58 pm

ntyj wrote:hi girl,
im sorry for being a little harsh here,
should u be really interested in joining SIA, shldnt u put in a little more effort and read up urself rather den asking questions that have been repeatedly answered?


I agree if you simply sit down with your notepad and write down what the job involves, you can work out for yourself what the questions are likely to be.

Plavt.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

hi shaprnel

Postby corines143 » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 11:05 pm

hi there shrapnel

congratulations you passed all the tests!! so did u get in?
how old r you may i ask?
and wat was your water confidence test like? how did it go?
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

shrapnel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon, 28 Aug 2006

Postby shrapnel » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 1:22 pm

dear corines143,
thanks for the greeting and ya i'm now pending for the training date.as i m a msian,the processing time might take up a lil longer compare sporean who can start up their training very soon.
the water-confi test was just a normal test.i just jump into the pool and swim across with backstroke and with a life vest as well..
that's it!haha..
as for my age..i'm 22 tis yr

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 8:28 pm

hi there shap

oh you mean you have to, you MUST backstroke is it?
cos not sure how to do that. just push with my hands and kick / paddle with my legs rite? ahhah sorry for sounding so silly. just wanna know and be clear.

WOW you are young!! i am older than you.
you have added me to MSN rite? i saw that you add me in there already.

so you mean that you are on EP or work permit? arent you a singapore PR?
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

jol
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri, 27 Oct 2006

Postby jol » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 9:10 pm

halo shrapnel,

i was wondering if being confident would be best way to go through the interview? as in, this is my second time goinf for it.. and im getting nervous.

Brgs,
jol


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests