Singapore Expats Forum

bored...

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Maestro_Rob

bored...

Postby Maestro_Rob » Mon, 09 Oct 2006 10:29 pm

Hi there I have to wait here for my work permit and hang around all day, for the rest of the week.

So, anybody bored like me?

It getting a little frustrated to hang around at santosa each day and have nobody that gives me more then small talk. The attractions of singapore are no pleasure alone too...

yan_26
Regular
Regular

Postby yan_26 » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 8:14 am

no friends in sg?Working enviroment mostly is bored.
Love U Foerver !!

Maestro_Rob

Postby Maestro_Rob » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 9:28 am

friends sure... but they all working in 24/7 jobs.
I'm an artist and really would like to see some other beautifull scenery else then the city.

Carlotta

hi

Postby Carlotta » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 6:29 pm

I`ve been walking around the city on my own now for two days.. Wouldn`t mind some company :)

What are your plans for tomorrow?

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 9:47 pm

Sure there are lots of nice places around. Try the Botanical Gardens...By the way, what artist are u? Will you be teaching in future? :D

Maestro_Rob

Postby Maestro_Rob » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:31 am

I have seen most of the city, parks etc. Anyhow, I really discover new things every day. It's a great city so far. More then this meeting people and expirence there way how to see things is very interesting to me too.

I really want to see the island and surroundings next or maybe look into the more hidden place like the wetlands or the treewalk.

I'm both into classic and media arts, I also teaching art. But I'm not a old and grey picasso or so.

Carlotta: If your hanging around like me, just pm me and I'll give you my local phone number.

Carlotta

can`t pm

Postby Carlotta » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:14 pm

Hi!

How could I reach you if not by pm (I can`t do that yet, for whatever reason)? Do you have an Email-adress I could write to?

Hope to hear from you soon :-)

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:15 pm

Why don't you try Sungei Gedong, Pulau Ubin or the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. There are lots of natural things over at these places. :) [/quote]

Maestro_Rob

Postby Maestro_Rob » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 6:13 pm

Doing a day trip alone? quite boring... did that 3 times already...

You can do plenty of things if you have 1-2 days and rent care with someone etc.. Also, it's nicer to meet people and share informations. Not saying that I don't do that, but most people work and have little time during the day.

You can reach me on my local phone number +65 98724350, but better you write an sms first.

sangjin

another bored one is here...!!!

Postby sangjin » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 9:42 pm

hey...friend.

I don't know it is good or not, however, I finally found a person who is same situation with me...just waiting for work permit without doing anything for several weeks. ^^

I know how bored you are...

do you enjoy any sports? golf, wake boarding or some others?

maybe, we can make some arrangement for keeping up our health during this meaningless times.

I am 29 years old, korean male. :D
Best regards

SJ

STUDio OWNer

someone with time in their hands?

Postby STUDio OWNer » Tue, 17 Oct 2006 1:03 pm

heya...

am a local fella, did some studying overseas.
with free time on hand.
would love to hang out and show u the 'tricks, bargains and interesting corners' that are usually unbeknownst to those who are not local...
*do i hear strained "TRAITOR" in the distance??*

haha...

well, if u guys wanna hang out. drop me a mail @ orangeamps@mac.com
if you can't sing in tune... don't beg me...i am a musician/producer... not a magician/producer!!