Singapore Expats

Cabin Crew Based in Hong Kong - Malaysian

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
bbkangaroo

Post by bbkangaroo » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 9:00 pm

Hi Calvink. Was the interview organized by Oasis Line?

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:15 pm

Hi...i dont think so..cause the guy told me if we made it...the next round would be interview by the airline itself....

I guess they are the HR ppl who preselec us here first..

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:52 pm

Indeed, my friend told me the 1st round was really easy. 2 panels VS 6 candidates. And she said 2 of the panels was very friendly. Then the airlines is from HK but she sure it is not a budget airline, because she asked one of the panel before she leave the room. So, that's what my friend told me. All the best to those who waiting the call.
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

babymoon21

Post by babymoon21 » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 4:52 pm

1st round was easy but still have to be alert...because i notice some of the applicants were so protective to themselves...they cross their arms in front of their chest and some even sit like a gangster... :???:

they said latest by the coming Friday will get the result....argghhh...cant sleep well for the following days...haha :o I think the agency just give recommendation to the airlines and the airlines itself have the final rights to shortlist us, they are sending over all the data to the airlines...they keep on claiming that they are just compiling data for the airlines... :?

anyway...good luck to all those who went for the interview...let's pray hard hard,extremely hard to pass this interview!!!! :D

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 5:42 pm

Yeah, my friend said some of the candidates not even talk just quiet.. i think as long as you talk and be urself sure will go through the next round.. Dont worry guys..

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 7:01 pm

wow....so fast....good luck... :D

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:13 am

Hey pals, I had attended the interview as well. To me, the interviewers seem to be really friendly, somehow I noticed they aren't so professional. They gave the impression of being a first timer in conducting cabin crew interview. During the self-intro, there was a girl sitting next to me, saying: "Hello, I'm xxx, blah blah... been flying for MH for the past 9years..." then the male interviewer said: "What? MH?" Within a second, the female interviewer sitting next him said: "Oh, MAS!"

Oh my goodness, I was like thinking... "what? u are conducting interview for airlines but u aren't aware of the airlines IATA codes?!?"

Kinda strange, though I'm ok with them for not being able to review the name of which airline they are recruiting for due to P&C issue. But, the most suspicious matter, why can't even tell us which agency they come from? What are they trying to get rid off? Are they trying to hide something? I wonder... :shock:

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Mon, 16 Oct 2006 4:20 pm

There's a friend of mine got called by 2:16pm, and got invited for 2nd interview this coming Wednesday, 9am... same place. Don't you think it's a way too fast? Aren't the agency is suppose to send all the candidate profiles to HK?

What's ur opinion? Come speak out!

lil^pig

Post by lil^pig » Mon, 16 Oct 2006 5:49 pm

i went on saturday...........killer lotsa ppl compare to qatar and emirates recruitments, my friend told me she heard from them that 700 ppl attended on saturday. i think most prob exceed 1k ler the candidates for sat and sun........woooooh, anyone got a call from them dy? chances of getting is so slim.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Mon, 16 Oct 2006 9:35 pm

wow...tatiana..ur fren got called so fast...guy or gal?

probably we all will know by this week...... god bless :D

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Tue, 17 Oct 2006 9:39 am

Calvink:

It's a she. Don't u people out there find this recruitment so suspicious?!? Everything seems to be so UNKNOWN... where's ur sense of security?

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Tue, 17 Oct 2006 9:41 am

That's strange man :shock: ...How come so fast, they juz finished the 1st round, 1 day only then the candidates got inform to proceed to the next round.... So, Tatiana your friend who has inform to proceed to the next round is ex-cabin crew??

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:38 am

Eddie:

Nope, she's not a crew. Just a PA with no customer service experience. But she has sweet look n great smile! :P

So far I have 11 friends attended including myself. Just one got called... the rest are still waiting. :?

EddieJB

Hi

Post by EddieJB » Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:31 am

So, did ur friend tell you what is the airline, is it really from HK

bbkangaroo

Post by bbkangaroo » Tue, 17 Oct 2006 3:55 pm

If they did not disclose which airline they were from and if one of you guys anxiously need to know, maybe you can try calling the hotel and speak to the PR or customer service. You can check with them who were the organizors who booked the ballroom for this interview.

It's just a suggestion........