Singapore Expats

Cabin Crew Based in Hong Kong - Malaysian

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:11 pm

Whoever that gets through the next and final round and got to attend the briefing..may let us know here :D

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Wed, 18 Oct 2006 8:42 pm

Hi tatiana

Hows does your do in the second round of interview...any details bout it? thanks

konkon

Post by konkon » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 8:47 am

Hi there, I'm a newbies.... I went to the HK Based on Sat, they did call me for 2nd round but due to time urgency I couldn't make. I did try to ask them what airline are they from, but they insisted for me to go and find out during the 2nd interview. Can some one tell me what airline is that as they will have another round of 2nd interview after the raya festival.

Cheers!

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 9:04 am

Hey pal...

IT IS INDEED A CON JOB!

They mentioned that it's a recruitment for Cathay Pacific. However, all selected candidates has to go thru a 5 weeks training in their training centre which is located in Kelana Jaya. Prior to that everyone has to pay 5k for the training bond n it's refundable upon completion of training.

TOTAL CRAP! :mad:

They thought I was born last night?

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 6:41 pm

Very suspicious - No names - nothing. You better call CX Recruitment Team to confirm. I really think this may be a elaborate marketing con job.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 7:24 pm

tatiana wrote:Hey pal...

IT IS INDEED A CON JOB!

They mentioned that it's a recruitment for Cathay Pacific. However, all selected candidates has to go thru a 5 weeks training in their training centre which is located in Kelana Jaya. Prior to that everyone has to pay 5k for the training bond n it's refundable upon completion of training.

TOTAL CRAP! :mad:

They thought I was born last night?
Glad you weren't, had you succumbed you would have been effectively paying to get a job, only a sucker does that!

Plavt.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 7:57 pm

Has anybody got a copy of the advertisement together with where they saw it?

Plavt.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 8:49 pm

Maybe you could contact the local Cathay Pacific Airways Office to check it out

2078 3377

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Thu, 19 Oct 2006 9:13 pm

Yes.. i still have the copy of the advertisement

lil^pig

Post by lil^pig » Fri, 20 Oct 2006 8:30 am

hey ppl, its a con job la...one of the gurls who attended the interview on wed called cathay pacific office dy, no such recruitment for their company. Anyone who is thinking of paying 5k for this job, forget it....you shouldnt pay for anything to be a cabin crew, plus you wont sign a contract with Cathay Pacific, you will only sign a contract with thier so called academy, dun let these ppl con u!

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 20 Oct 2006 9:05 am

Thanks Lilpig for the heads up! This is a classic example of an elaborate scheme to sucker desperate wannabes.

Never heard of anywhere where you pay to a private company to be a cabin crew. Run!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 20 Oct 2006 3:59 pm

No surprise there Lilpig Cathay Pacific would have no reason to conceal their identity nor for that matter any other bona-fide airline. I wonder if the people concerned are the same as the ones concerned with Rock Airway
see post by Thermal Image;

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2576822

Plavt.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 9:18 am

I wonder did anyone report to the police ..about this scam or just leave it like that.......

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 5:38 pm

Hmmm - Well, the company can always state that it is a training centre that "recommends" you to airlines. Very difficult to prosecute and also considering Malaysian legal system is crap. When you sign the contract - it is actually with the training centre and not the airline.

I know of 2 so called companies running this way in Malaysia - They still operate. You just need to be wary and don't be an idiot. For example, which credible airline asks you to pay for training - with the exception of Ryanair in the UK. Or ask you to sign a contract with a school rather than an airline - I never trust agencies unless they are bona fide link with the airline - for example Gulfair partners with Ready2Fly in the UK or Sass Atlantic for Emirates or Interexcel for Etihad.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 6:22 pm

The scam mentioned in the above posts is nothing unusual; here in the UK there are any amount of similar stunts some of which feature in television programs designed to catch the perpetrators out. However, for all those that are exposed there are a dozen others. I think the best option is to check with the employer with whom you wish to work.

Whether the legal system of a country is crap or not doesn't make very often make much difference as these people are more often than not 'fly-by-night' operators - they will quickly disappear. In addition it will often be difficult to prove such persons have done anything wrong, if you pay then you have done so willingly which may mean simply hard luck, remember the old English adage; 'look before you leap'.

Plavt.