Singapore Expats Forum

in Singapore for 1 week, need advise on work and meeting pe

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Richa

in Singapore for 1 week, need advise on work and meeting pe

Postby Richa » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 2:38 pm

Hi, I am currently staying in Singapore spending a week looking at the possibility of coming to live here with my husband who has a job opportunity here. I do not, so I feel aprehensive. I would love to meet up with someone, perhaps with similar interests to myself. I am a graphic designer and love to play tennis. Anyone out there who wishes to help and advise me most welcome. I will be checking this site regularly throughout the week.
My husband is probably coming to work in Singapore in the next few months. I am looking to see if I can continue my graphics skills and work out there myself, either freelance or with a company.

Carlotta

same situation

Postby Carlotta » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:31 am

Hi! My case is quite similar to yours. I will be in Singapore for a month with my husband who was offered a job there. Afer this month we can still decide whether we really feel like doing the big step and move to SG for a couple of years.. During this time I would like to check out the city - and of course my own options.
It would be nice to get in touch (I'm quite sure we share some interests)! Until when are you staying? What's your age?

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 10:54 am

There are lots of people with whom you might find similar interests and hang out with here at the forums.

There are many outings being organized regularly.

Keep checking the threads regularly for more information.

Enjoy your stay here in Singapore.

Cheers!! :)

Richa

reply to Carlotta

Postby Richa » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 2:21 pm

I'm staying at the Sangria La Hotel until Saturday am. I enjoy tennis, yoga, pilates, art and music. I have two grown-up children at university in the UK. I am in my forties. :) :)
My husband is probably coming to work in Singapore in the next few months. I am looking to see if I can continue my graphics skills and work out there myself, either freelance or with a company.