Singapore Expats Forum

x

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
hotsaucemoto

x

Postby hotsaucemoto » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 3:55 pm

x
Last edited by hotsaucemoto on Mon, 29 Jun 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 4:56 pm

hello such a cute nick you have but I tend to think hot tomoto sauce -sorry !

Welcome aboard hotsaucemoto !

Kumusta magandang umaga!

Just check the board on whatever is happening - especially this week - there are food (either Tuesday or Friday) , WNDC (Wednesday drinking session), bowling (Friday), movies (Friday) for this week !

Mabuhay :D
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DimWit Kid » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:09 pm

EPL in action!! :D :wink:

hotsaucemoto

Postby hotsaucemoto » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 7:48 pm

EPL wrote:hello such a cute nick you have but I tend to think hot tomoto sauce -sorry !

Welcome aboard hotsaucemoto !

Kumusta magandang umaga!

Just check the board on whatever is happening - especially this week - there are food (either Tuesday or Friday) , WNDC (Wednesday drinking session), bowling (Friday), movies (Friday) for this week !

Mabuhay :D

thanks for the warm welcome. :) i hope i could meet you guys. tagal na ako dito, konti pa lang friends ko. :D

DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DimWit Kid » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 8:02 pm

Since I barged in, welcome to you hotsauce.

Unfortunately my tagalog is only limited to say something bad..... wouldn't be appropriate here :D

hotsaucemoto

Postby hotsaucemoto » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 8:07 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:Since I barged in, welcome to you hotsauce.

Unfortunately my tagalog is only limited to say something bad..... wouldn't be appropriate here :D

guys. i don't know if im just really a cheapo guy.

i want to rent a room near mediacorp (bishan, toa payoh, ang mo kio, braddell). all i need is a common room, no need for aircon, with internet). my budget is 350 inclusive of pub.

is my budget so cheap? or is it just average?

im currently living in ang mo kio but my landlady's brother arrived from the philippines and he will stay here for good so i have to look for a new place.

im also wondering if anyone here like me who is also looking for a room, maybe we could just rent a whole hdb unit.

thanks

natalie_sod

Postby natalie_sod » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:28 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:Since I barged in, welcome to you hotsauce.

hahaha! does this start with the letter "P"?

mwehehehehehe.

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Wed, 27 Sep 2006 5:17 pm

oh no now you're in hotsoup..................... joking! :P

I'm not sure of the rental at the area you mentioned - hope the following could be of help.

http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/ ... hp/cat/120
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

kitkat1213

Postby kitkat1213 » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 5:04 am

hi there hotsauce,

mabuhay! it's always a challenge and sometimes daunting task to uproot one's self and move to another country but you are here for a reason...eventually you do get used to living more indepedently...think of this as a time to know yourself better. in terms of getting to know people, i guess that depends on the type of hobbies you like and what sort of people you can or cannot tolerate:) you may also want to join a local church for fellowship with like-minded people or maybe hang out with a group of expats (maybe from the same workplace?). just be careful of the type of people you will be making friends with (hopefully not the bad influence type) in case you or someone else is interested to join a filipino christian fellowship group, i have some friends who can meet-up with you...just pm me:) good day to you!

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:10 am

kitkat1213 wrote:hi there hotsauce,

mabuhay! it's always a challenge and sometimes daunting task to uproot one's self and move to another country but you are here for a reason...eventually you do get used to living more indepedently...think of this as a time to know yourself better. in terms of getting to know people, i guess that depends on the type of hobbies you like and what sort of people you can or cannot tolerate:) you may also want to join a local church for fellowship with like-minded people or maybe hang out with a group of expats (maybe from the same workplace?). just be careful of the type of people you will be making friends with (hopefully not the bad influence type) in case you or someone else is interested to join a filipino christian fellowship group, i have some friends who can meet-up with you...just pm me:) good day to you!

Well said. I am overly impressed. :)

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 2:06 pm

hotsaucemoto wrote:
i want to rent a room near mediacorp (bishan, toa payoh, ang mo kio, braddell). all i need is a common room, no need for aircon, with internet). my budget is 350 inclusive of pub.

The areas that you are looking in are considered to be quite nice and "middle class". They are popular since they are close to the city and orchard, but just far away enough for some peace and quiet. 350 is waaaay too low. Most people would gladly pay 500 and more for a room in those areas, and that's not including PUB!

350 is more likely for a room in the Kranji area.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”