Singapore Expats Forum

Do I have a point about life

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Do I have a point about life

Postby ksl » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:22 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:This is great. A psycho-analyst's dream. Subconscious thoughts recorded in black and white. Let's have a go:

ksl wrote:Im not a person that is briefed by churches, or have a role in any religious beliefs, yet I feel i do believe in a god! I wan't to belive, that everything i see and read does have a meaning.

You are wondering "What is the meaning of life?"

ksl wrote:35 yeras of life, all i have seen is conflict. DID YOU OPEN YOUR EYE"S and want to be involved in any government?

You are thinking "I wish I was 35 again. Damn government, it's their fault I had to grow up."

ksl wrote:who is really going to the grave here????while the fat pigs , families reap the seeds that were sowen at the time.
Viva 1973 a time of creative expression in Singapore. that this culture today have long forgotten.

"1973 was a good year. It was the year I was 35."

ksl wrote:back in those days, turists were greeted, with love and affection, the reef of the national flower, the orchid was presented to everyone!
I do wish to say long live Sigapore, but, get a realistic attitude on life.

"Once upon a time, white man was God. I wish I was still 35."

ksl wrote:The 1970's were the most exciting time of my life in Singapore although I have yet to bump into the spg's female aquaintances at the time, I have fond memeories

"I sowed a lot of wild oats in my 30s. It is good to sow and not reap."

Oh boy, Sigmund would be proud of me. ksl, you'll get my bill in the post :P

1.Pretty close, but when i look at it myself, I would think that I was expressing my religous freedom, in which i consiously use all religions for my foundation of one god
2. 35 years of life + 20 years = 55years in fact up until july that is! 35 years ago i was here in Singapore. living on Dover Rd.
3. in 1970/71 Singapore was known as SIN City, the night life was wild and fantastic
4. My first night out on the town, was at the Cathy Pacific, there used to be a swimming pool on the roof, and on entry to the night club we was greeted, with a reef of Orchids, around our necks and a kiss on each side of the cheek.

5.The Government at that time was very liberal so I am probably refering to the change, of openess, were people were free to do and say what they want."
6. I think 1973, was the final hand over when the British actually left, and the people had a voice in politics.
Today everything seems a little boring, most singaporeans don't appear to be happy, and critisize ther government all the time.

7. Get a realistic attitude on life, is probably aimed at the Singapore government, to be more concerned for their peoples welfare, there needs to be a cultur change here, because no family member should be working 12 hours a day. Especially when the government is voicing concern about spending more time with family, and introducing family values and morals.

The first thing that should happen is to cut the working week, to 40- 42 hrs. so that family can spend more time together.and they should still keep the same pay.

8. who is really going to the grave here????while the fat pigs , families reap the seeds that were sowen at the time. This I suppose is generalising all governments, the hard working families vote them in, they sowe the seeds, have children and raise them, while the" fat pigs" is probably directed at corrupt politicians, that milk the system, to line their own pockets. around the world.

It is my belief that families should educate their children in political issues at a younger age, so they can follow and take interest in politics at school, its very important for future development and change. If this had have been done in UK 50 years ago, the majority of working class families may have had a voice, Instead they have no idea of politics, just soap opera's on TV and Football. It is the UK's Governments policy in my opinion to lead sheep.

So I see all politicians as wolves or foxes, guarding their flock, and steeling the food out of the mouths of working class people, and steeling the lives of the families, by recruiting their children into the battle zone
around the world and for what!.

Conflict is all around us, everyday of the week, "for every cause, there is an effect"
9. 1970, I sowed and I reaped a wonderful Country, with wonderful people, and wonderful times, and yes I probably do wish I was 20 yrs old again, because my mind is still the same, this is something the young generation don't even try to understand.

So it's highly likely, the person you see selling tissues or washing down tables has had a very tuff life, and still has that hard life, nothing changed for them, in all those years, although some may have got lucky.

Good effort by wind in my hair! Sigmund is :lol:

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Do I have a point about life

Postby vjsimon » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:51 am

ksl wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:This is great. A psycho-analyst's dream. Subconscious thoughts recorded in black and white. Let's have a go:

ksl wrote:Im not a person that is briefed by churches, or have a role in any religious beliefs, yet I feel i do believe in a god! I wan't to belive, that everything i see and read does have a meaning.

You are wondering "What is the meaning of life?"

ksl wrote:35 yeras of life, all i have seen is conflict. DID YOU OPEN YOUR EYE"S and want to be involved in any government?

You are thinking "I wish I was 35 again. Damn government, it's their fault I had to grow up."

ksl wrote:who is really going to the grave here????while the fat pigs , families reap the seeds that were sowen at the time.
Viva 1973 a time of creative expression in Singapore. that this culture today have long forgotten.

"1973 was a good year. It was the year I was 35."

ksl wrote:back in those days, turists were greeted, with love and affection, the reef of the national flower, the orchid was presented to everyone!
I do wish to say long live Sigapore, but, get a realistic attitude on life.

"Once upon a time, white man was God. I wish I was still 35."

ksl wrote:The 1970's were the most exciting time of my life in Singapore although I have yet to bump into the spg's female aquaintances at the time, I have fond memeories

"I sowed a lot of wild oats in my 30s. It is good to sow and not reap."

Oh boy, Sigmund would be proud of me. ksl, you'll get my bill in the post :P

1.Pretty close, but when i look at it myself, I would think that I was expressing my religous freedom, in which i consiously use all religions for my foundation of one god
2. 35 years of life + 20 years = 55years in fact up until july that is! 35 years ago i was here in Singapore. living on Dover Rd.
3. in 1970/71 Singapore was known as SIN City, the night life was wild and fantastic
4. My first night out on the town, was at the Cathy Pacific, there used to be a swimming pool on the roof, and on entry to the night club we was greeted, with a reef of Orchids, around our necks and a kiss on each side of the cheek.

5.The Government at that time was very liberal so I am probably refering to the change, of openess, were people were free to do and say what they want."
6. I think 1973, was the final hand over when the British actually left, and the people had a voice in politics.
Today everything seems a little boring, most singaporeans don't appear to be happy, and critisize ther government all the time.

7. Get a realistic attitude on life, is probably aimed at the Singapore government, to be more concerned for their peoples welfare, there needs to be a cultur change here, because no family member should be working 12 hours a day. Especially when the government is voicing concern about spending more time with family, and introducing family values and morals.

The first thing that should happen is to cut the working week, to 40- 42 hrs. so that family can spend more time together.and they should still keep the same pay.

8. who is really going to the grave here????while the fat pigs , families reap the seeds that were sowen at the time. This I suppose is generalising all governments, the hard working families vote them in, they sowe the seeds, have children and raise them, while the" fat pigs" is probably directed at corrupt politicians, that milk the system, to line their own pockets. around the world.

It is my belief that families should educate their children in political issues at a younger age, so they can follow and take interest in politics at school, its very important for future development and change. If this had have been done in UK 50 years ago, the majority of working class families may have had a voice, Instead they have no idea of politics, just soap opera's on TV and Football. It is the UK's Governments policy in my opinion to lead sheep.

So I see all politicians as wolves or foxes, guarding their flock, and steeling the food out of the mouths of working class people, and steeling the lives of the families, by recruiting their children into the battle zone
around the world and for what!.

Conflict is all around us, everyday of the week, "for every cause, there is an effect"
9. 1970, I sowed and I reaped a wonderful Country, with wonderful people, and wonderful times, and yes I probably do wish I was 20 yrs old again, because my mind is still the same, this is something the young generation don't even try to understand.

So it's highly likely, the person you see selling tissues or washing down tables has had a very tuff life, and still has that hard life, nothing changed for them, in all those years, although some may have got lucky.

Good effort by wind in my hair! Sigmund is :lol:

Very well said. I had read and re-read to make myself understand fully about what you are saying and I gotta admit, all of what you said might be true. I checked with my dad and grandad and they tell the same thing. Well done ksl!!

Cheers!! :)