Singapore Expats Forum

Do I have a point about life

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Do I have a point about life

Postby ksl » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 2:07 am

Im not a person that is briefed by churches, or have a role in any religious beliefs, yet I feel i do believe in a god! I wan't to belive, that everything i see and read does have a meaning.

35 yeras of life, all i have seen is conflict. DID YOU OPEN YOUR EYE"S and want to be involved in any government?

who is really going to the grave here????while the fat pigs , families reap the seeds that were sowen at the time.
Viva 1973 a time of creative expression in Singapore. that this culture today have long forgotten.

back in those days, turists were greeted, with love and affection, the reef of the national flower, the orchid was presented to everyone!
I do wish to say long live Sigapore, but, get a realistic attitude on life.

The 1970's were the most exciting time of my life in Singapore although I have yet to bump into the spg's female aquaintances at the time, I have fond memeories
Last edited by ksl on Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:01 am

ksl, I normally can follow you no probs but this time you've lost me. :???:

Not Jack Daniels talking is it? :wink:

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:58 am

Hard to make head-or-tail out of the post :???: . Care to elaborate? Or could it be the Bloody Mary? When I was visiting FIL, some relatives were drinking it for breakfast :???: ? An angmoh thing......or american thing.........or maybe just our relatives :D ?

If I had not asked, I could have downed it thinking it was tomato juice. Nice and healthy way to start the way :o .

DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DimWit Kid » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 6:01 pm

Yeah... bit confusing...

I thought ksl is more than 35 if he knows what it's like in Singapore in 1973 mah... right o'not? ;)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 6:21 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:Yeah... bit confusing...

I thought ksl is more than 35 if he knows what it's like in Singapore in 1973 mah... right o'not? ;)

DWK,

I think ksl is just a few years younger then myself maybe 5 or 7 years younger tops. Believe he's 50+. First time I passed through Singers was in '67 on R&R from the NAM.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Do I have a point about life

Postby ksl » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 8:26 pm

ksl wrote:Im not a person that is briefed by churches, or have a role in any religious beliefs, yet I feel i do believe in a god! I wan't to belive, that everything i see and read does have a meaning.

35 yeras of life, all i have seen is conflict. DID YOU OPEN YOUR EYE"S and want to be involved in any government?

who is really going to the grave here????while the fat pigs , families reap the seeds that were sowen at the time.
Viva 1973 a time of creative expression in Singapore. that this culture today have long forgotten.

back in those days, turists were greated, with love and affection, the reef of the national flower, the orchid was presented to everyone!
I do wish to say long live Sigapore, buut get a realistic attitude on life. The 1970's were the most exciting time of my my my life in Singapore although I have yet to bump into te female aquaintances at the time, I have fond memeoriies

Sorry guys, I was on rocket fuel when i wrote, this, don't even remember writing it!!! Amsterdam 11.6 % does the trick, woke up after 14 hrs sleep!
:oops: :shock:

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 9:58 pm

"rocket fuel"?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:42 pm

riversandlakes wrote:"rocket fuel"?

Amsterdam 11.6% alcohol beer! Don't even remember writing the post!

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:43 pm

Whatever it was, it sure took ksl into outer space for a while! :lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:45 pm

ksl wrote:

How's the head mate!?!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ksl wrote:

How's the head mate!?!

My dear daughter had the time of her life, while i was asleep, experimenting making ice, eating crisps,chips and enjoying her favourite disney program.

She tried to get me up around 10.am but i was still under the influence, couldn't really stand up, just dozed off, didn't really sleep, when i finally had a shower i was great, but no more booze this week. I had been suffering from lack of sleep for quite a while, and my eyes were strained, with these damn reading glasses. So I thought it a good idea to get a deep sleep and it worked.

But my wife said i came to bed at 1.30. and i see i posted the above at 2.07am, so i must have been sleep walking.

SMS did you get the PM from me, only it timed out! So not sure if the mail was sent
Last edited by ksl on Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:59 pm

ksl wrote:

Maybe you ought to share some with us, looks like some good stuff. :o

Plavt.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:10 pm

Plavt wrote:
ksl wrote:

Maybe you ought to share some with us, looks like some good stuff. :o

Plavt.

Actually it is excellent, I normally drink the carlsberg special, the local shop purchest the Amsterdam for me to try out, I was quite surprised, that the taste is better than the carlsberg, I can recommend it, if you have trouble sleeping, or you want a short night out! :lol: :???: I wasn't confused, but i did have stars above my head.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Re: Do I have a point about life

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:15 pm

This is great. A psycho-analyst's dream. Subconscious thoughts recorded in black and white. Let's have a go:

ksl wrote:Im not a person that is briefed by churches, or have a role in any religious beliefs, yet I feel i do believe in a god! I wan't to belive, that everything i see and read does have a meaning.

You are wondering "What is the meaning of life?"

ksl wrote:35 yeras of life, all i have seen is conflict. DID YOU OPEN YOUR EYE"S and want to be involved in any government?

You are thinking "I wish I was 35 again. Damn government, it's their fault I had to grow up."

ksl wrote:who is really going to the grave here????while the fat pigs , families reap the seeds that were sowen at the time.

"1973 was a good year. It was the year I was 35."

ksl wrote:back in those days, turists were greeted, with love and affection, the reef of the national flower, the orchid was presented to everyone!
I do wish to say long live Sigapore, but, get a realistic attitude on life.

"Once upon a time, white man was God. I wish I was still 35."

ksl wrote:The 1970's were the most exciting time of my life in Singapore although I have yet to bump into the spg's female aquaintances at the time, I have fond memeories

"I sowed a lot of wild oats in my 30s. It is good to sow and not reap."

Oh boy, Sigmund would be proud of me. ksl, you'll get my bill in the post :P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:30 pm

Good try but that will make him 65! I'm not yet 60 and I know he's younger that me by a few (darn few thought) years.