Singapore Expats Forum

Friday night and don't know what to do?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Friday night and don't know what to do?

Postby Allibert » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:20 pm

if you're looking for a Friday night activity that doesn't (just) involve drinking, why not come and join us (small group of mexied locals and expats) for a round of bowling anywhere betwen 8 and late?

Late-night karaoke session a can, not a must:)

If you'reinterested, why noy PM me or leave a message here>

Alan

Frenchie

Re: Friday night and don't know what to do?

Postby Frenchie » Fri, 22 Sep 2006 9:43 am

Allibert wrote:if you're looking for a Friday night activity that doesn't (just) involve drinking, why not come and join us (small group of mexied locals and expats) for a round of bowling anywhere betwen 8 and late?

Late-night karaoke session a can, not a must:)

If you'reinterested, why noy PM me or leave a message here>

Alan

hello,

I am new in Singapore. I wanted to PM u for the bowling tonight. But apparently I cannot because I didn't post enough message.
So let me know it's still possible to join u.
Cheers,
Valentine

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

HI Valentine

Postby Allibert » Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:09 am

Yes, you're welcome to join us

I'll be at Plaza Starbowl, Textile Centre 8th Floor, 200 Jalan Sultan from about 8 p.m. tonight. Others start to come about 9

You're welcome to join us and bring any other prople you know.

Regards,
Alan

AnnaTh

Postby AnnaTh » Fri, 22 Sep 2006 7:15 pm

This is a bit late notice, but my husband and I would be interested in coming along. I think we can find the place easily, but how would we be able to spot you? Maybe we'll just try our luck if this message doesn't reach you in time.

Anna

eingmaticindian

Hi Anna

Postby eingmaticindian » Fri, 22 Sep 2006 7:29 pm

Hi Anna,
I am also going there on short notice and i dont know how to find Alan. Maybe we can meet and then it wud be easier to find him with extra pair of eyes.
Keep smiling unless there is a reason not to!

AnnaTh

Postby AnnaTh » Fri, 22 Sep 2006 7:44 pm

Hi eingmaticindian

That's probably a good idea. We're both European, my husband Ewan's hair's brown and mine's blond. I'll be wearing a red top and a black denim skirt.

We should be there about 8.30pm, see you there!

solarv
Chatter
Chatter

Postby solarv » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:57 pm

cool! I'm into non-alcoholic session...ha...I will join u guys next time...I was away. PM me if u guys have any non-alcoholic session....

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Non-alcoholic?

Postby Allibert » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:39 pm

Mr. Solar,

seems like u have a decision problem. We're all big guys. everybody decides for themselves whether they want to drink or not. I (and a few other people) love some beers while bowling. This doesn;t mean it turn into a huge piss-up. If you're a recovring alcoholic and can't be round people who drink then this probably isn't the best place for you.

As for PMing, sorry but I organise the event. people actually have to decide for themselves whether they turn up. We're all nice people and if people want to come it's great. If i don't get enough people there, eventually i stop organising it. But it's far too much of a pain in the a$$ for me to check who's coming. I did that for 3 years and spent much too much of my time checking who was coming and who wasn't.

Now i delegate this huge responsibility to each person individually

CK35
Regular
Regular

Postby CK35 » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 1:40 pm

Hi I enjoy my ice-milo when I am bowling for the past few weeks.

Anyway.. some people prefer beer and some just want to drink mineral water.. you can order whatever drink you like and I am sure the drink seller will be most happy to serve you.

Bowling is a fun game and is not complicated.. just turn up and have a few good games and meet nice friends.

Well - at least for me I enjoy my Friday night bowling.
Cheers.

:D

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Bowling

Postby Allibert » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 8:48 pm

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this or next week as I have to fly to Europe on Friday evening for a week

However, I hope you will continue to support the bowling and attend during my absence

Alan

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Re: Bowling

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 9:25 pm

Hey Alan, have a nice trip. am only returning back from my trip this friday, will meet u all soon.

Allibert wrote:Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this or next week as I have to fly to Europe on Friday evening for a week

However, I hope you will continue to support the bowling and attend during my absence

Alan
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

CK35
Regular
Regular

Postby CK35 » Wed, 27 Sep 2006 8:59 am

Hi Scorpion,

didn't know you were away and we were just thinking where about were you. :D

So will you be coming to bowl this Friday?

Alan - wish you a great trip and see you back real soon.

CK35
Regular
Regular

Postby CK35 » Thu, 28 Sep 2006 6:02 pm

Hi our organiser will be away for two weeks. So we made a bit of changes to the normal program.

Bowling will start at 9.30 pm. But same place at Textile Centre, 8th level.

So anyone new who would like to join us please PM me and I will send my contact number.

:D
CK35

AnnaTh

Postby AnnaTh » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 2:32 pm

Hi all

Just to let you know/remind you that Ewan and I are going away this weekend (dive trip to Pulau Tioman 8-)) so we won't be coming along to bowling tomorrow. It's been fun though bowling with you guys for the past 3 weeks, I think we'll make a comeback next week! Beware... :D

Anna

CK35
Regular
Regular

Postby CK35 » Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:21 pm

Hi Anna and Ewan,
how was the trip to Tioman? Looking forward to meet both of you again this week. Same time same place. :D

Anyone else keen to roll a few bowling balls are most welcome. Just PM me and I will send my contact details over.

:lol: