Singapore Expats Forum

New Kiwi in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

TimTheAucklander

New Kiwi in Singapore

Postby TimTheAucklander » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 1:12 pm

Hi All,

I'll introduce myself! My name's Tim Garner, I'm 21 and have been living in Singapore for a couple of months. I moved here to study in the BA Musical Theatre course at LaSalle-SIA College of the Arts.

I'm really keen to meet up with any Kiwis/Aussies living over here...maybe there's a good expat pub somewhere in Singapore?

Would be great to hear from anyone - maybe a reply to this posting or to my email (mrtimgarner@hotmail.com), and we can work things out from there.

Cheers,
Tim

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 3:18 pm

Tim,

Welcome to Singapore Expats. We have an incredible mix here of both expats and locals which tends to give a much wider local perspective than some other boards. You might want to post this in the Events, Gatherings & Making Friends forum as I think you will get more response there. You might want to check out the 4 special sub-threads there specifically the WNDC or possibly the FNDC.

sms

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 9:54 pm

Hello Tim, welcome to Singapore!

SMS was amazingly tactful in his post about this board having quite a few locals. I'm one of them, kind of stumbled in and never quite made it out, for better or worse. Hope you join in some of the discussions here!

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 6:04 pm

Welcome to Singapore Tim!! :wave:

marj_kee
Chatter
Chatter

Postby marj_kee » Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:25 am

Welcome, Tim !

Hope you have a memorable time in Singapore :)

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bonbon » Wed, 20 Sep 2006 1:03 pm

Kia Ora!

welcome mate! hope you'll enjoy your stay here, culture wise quite different from what's like back at home, but then no where's the same as back at home eh!

Think there are many more aussis than kiwis here, just like anywhere else in the world! But still we - the minority compare to the aussis do exist here in Singapore!

Surprised a young lad like coming here at such an early age ....most of us tend to go to UK first then move our way down this way...

Anyway, nevertheless, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun, a new experience here!

Any question do feel free to ask eh, good luck mate! :wink:

Bonnie :)

kaurikid
Regular
Regular

Postby kaurikid » Sun, 08 Oct 2006 9:17 am

Join ANZA they have pub nights , loads of kiwis
Prince Of Wales pub in little India is a bit of a oz and kiwi hangout too