Singapore Expats Forum

Hosting IMF did Singapore more harm than good

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Hosting IMF did Singapore's Reputation:

More HARM!
44%
More Good!
56%

Total votes: 9

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 4:54 pm

briceloh wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I thought the LNG tankers were already coming to Singapore. Where else are we getting our natural gas?

Just to make it IMF related, the Singapore Navy was out in force during the IMF. They had ships running parallel to the LNG tankers in the straights... between the tanker and shore.

You work in the marine line? Or you were out fishing and observing alot of their activities? :P

Coming back from Batam. The ferry was boarded by Singapore police who looked at every face on the boat.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 5:11 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Having said that, remember the Buangkok white elephants? I think that was brilliant and obviously some people had the guts to do it. There is hope yet.

Yes, there is hope as long as the rest don't look at it as an abberations but as a foothold.

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 5:39 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Coming back from Batam. The ferry was boarded by Singapore police who looked at every face on the boat.

Those are from Singapore Navy? Or Police coast guard? If coast guard, then they are from Home Affairs. Navy seldom board other boats like this.
IBMing