Singapore Expats Forum

SQ girl hair bun....

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
v.vianlim

SQ girl hair bun....

Postby v.vianlim » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 9:19 pm

i m so glad to hv found such a wonderful forum regarding abt airlines,stewardess....

i always admire how SQ girls bun their hair in such a neat and beautiful way..its just amazing n it looks real perfect....however..i just couldnt figure out how they actually do it....

i m so keen to learn to make tt bun.....

perhaps any sq girl, or any stewardess who knws how to bun tt kind of hair give some advise on how to make that perfect bun?

thks

sWeeT_DeViL

Postby sWeeT_DeViL » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:04 pm

yes yes... i was flying for 4 yrs , 10 yrs ago... i still can never figure out how they make the "kalipok" bun... hahaha... funny but nice..

some kind crew soul out there... plssssss.. tell us how u girls do that???? :???:

merliongal26
Regular
Regular

Postby merliongal26 » Sat, 16 Sep 2006 5:56 pm

Heard from ex crew that they tease (back comb) the hair to make it real big at the top. As for the bun, its the usual bun with net and U-pins. Of course, LOTS and LOTS of hair spray.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 3:51 pm

Is that what it's called? The U-pins?

I think not hairsprays, but LOTSA U-pins. Was sitting behind an airhostess on the bus the other day. She was disassembling the bun - and I lost count after about 20 (serious!).
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

v.vianlim

Postby v.vianlim » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 7:43 pm

wah...so manY?lol...
but one thing is..they dun look messy at all.....if nv use gel or spray it will somehow be a little messy rite?

hope some sq girl can come here n share the tips with us...use wat spray..hw to do tt bun...the steps etc..thks

sWeeT_DeViL

Postby sWeeT_DeViL » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:30 am

i do french twist or the french plate.. much easier & it takes mi less than 3 mins to get the hair done.. only need some gel to keep the hair in place... then twist ..after securing wid U-pins, just need some hair spray to secure & volaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:59 am

sWeeT_DeViL wrote:i do french twist or the french plate.. much easier & it takes mi less than 3 mins to get the hair done.. only need some gel to keep the hair in place... then twist ..after securing wid U-pins, just need some hair spray to secure & volaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Are you a flight attendant?
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

sWeeT_DeViL

Postby sWeeT_DeViL » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:03 pm

yup.. was flying for 4 yrs, (more than 10 yrs ago).. then left the airline.. was working in a few industries for the past 6 yrs... now back to crew life... haizzzzzzzzzzz..... y ????

Aquagal
Regular
Regular

Postby Aquagal » Wed, 20 Sep 2006 1:01 am

sWeeT_DeViL wrote:yup.. was flying for 4 yrs, (more than 10 yrs ago).. then left the airline.. was working in a few industries for the past 6 yrs... now back to crew life... haizzzzzzzzzzz..... y ????

Hi, I supposed u are wid SIA cuz u knew how to do e french twist... Wat other airline have u worked b4? Are u stil currently employed by SIA?

sWeeT_DeViL

Postby sWeeT_DeViL » Wed, 20 Sep 2006 9:31 pm

yup. i was with SQ fr 4 yrs... but i can never get the typical SQ girls' "kalipok" bun... mine will go flat & look like an ah mah.. hahahaha... so no choice lo.. have to learn to do french twist & surprise surprise.. its much easier than bun.. just need some practise & skill.. & woh laaaaaa.... next time if got chance, i ll show u how to do it. i had shown many friends how simple it is & they also shocked to see that its not that difficult after all.....french plait is even easier.. neat & tidy... but not as glam as french twist la...

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 9:30 am

Is that what it's called - the "Kalipok" Bun?

We call it the cha shao bao :D
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.

But the world is full of fluffier ones.

sWeeT_DeViL

Postby sWeeT_DeViL » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 9:58 am

hahaha... actually its my fiance who gave the name "kalipok" cos he said it looks like curry puff.. hahaha... so somehow it became a joke & called "kalipok" among some of us.. many ppl called it "kalipok" too... surprisingly... hehehe...

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 3:22 am

Sweet devil,what is the one thing that you hate about being an FA?

One more thing..Was life tough as an FA?Or was it fun?

sWeeT_DeViL

Postby sWeeT_DeViL » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 5:00 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Sweet devil,what is the one thing that you hate about being an FA?

One more thing..Was life tough as an FA?Or was it fun?

HI there,

Life is not a bed of roses as a FA but there are always the good & the bad side of every job i guess... just depends on individual, how they take it personally & politically... but one thing that I dun like about being an FA is the politics but like i said, it happens everywhere... have to get used to it somehow.. as for mi .. i m used to it.. just have to close 1 eye & be optimistic... just do yr work, go home & wait for yr pay.. hahaha... just stay away from gossips... but its kinda difficult sometimes cos gossips can be very juicy & very tempted to join in too... hahaha....
:twisted:
but of the good thing is u get to meet ppl....but that also depends on one's PR skills... if you are someone who just hi, serve & bye.. then different story la... but if you are someone who can just strike any kinda conversation with anyone... seriously... u do get to meet lots of nice ppl on board & u ll actually learn lots of ppl's behaviour, ugly & nice side... so just learn that everyday & it makes u a better person... :D

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:58 pm

Hehehe..Now I know why you chose that nickname.. :twisted: