Singapore Expats

How hard is it for employers to process a letter of consent?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
vane_mila

How hard is it for employers to process a letter of consent?

Post by vane_mila » Sun, 10 Sep 2006 7:48 am

Does it anyone know how hard is it for employers to process a Letter of Consent for someone on a Dependant visa? Might this be a big issue for an employer?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 10 Sep 2006 8:42 am

The employer must prove that they cannot find talent locally in order to hire on an EP or DP. Thus, if you are trying to be a hair stylist, the chances are about zero since there are many people here with that talent. If you have specialized skills (bio-med, electronics design, high level consulting skills, specialized industry knowledge) the process is much easier.

vane_mila

Post by vane_mila » Mon, 11 Sep 2006 9:15 am

Thanks for your help!

Here's a little bit about me.. I majored in Political Science and International Relations from Boston University...I have almost 2 years experience in business development in a software company.. I will also have about 6 months experience in a small export business that exports Latin American craft overseas...I speak English, Spanish, French and basic Portuguese, but no Mandarin ... what do you think my chances are in finding a job in a company?

I'm American and my fiance is considering taking a position in Singapore..so before he does so we want to know what are my chances of doing something interesting over there... I thought with a Dependant visa, I would be a step ahead...looks like it's not the case :( ... I really want to go to Singapore...