Singapore Expats Forum

Drink Red Wine

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

juvleo

Drink Red Wine

Postby juvleo » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 5:17 pm

[b] Hi there, appreciate if someone can advise me drinking a bottle of red wine every night is healthy? Tks. :???: [/b]

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Red wine in moderation, not?

Postby joop » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 5:23 pm

One bottle every night? You'll probably end up having heart dieases, one glass sounds alright, but one bottle sounds like you're an alcholic.

Read this article and you'll know what I mean. http://www.americanheart.org/presenter. ... ifier=4422
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 7:31 pm

A glass a night is ok. But a bottle ? Someone told you to do that? :???:
IBMing

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Drink Red Wine

Postby ksl » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:25 pm

juvleo wrote: Hi there, appreciate if someone can advise me drinking a bottle of red wine every night is healthy? Tks. :???:

one glass is recommended, if you drink a bottle a night you will probably end up, with to much uric acid, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uric_acid

Humans produce only small quantities of uric acid with excess accumulation leading to a type of arthritis known as gout. and its very very painful, I know becuase i had it until, I started drinking vinegar, it appears the vinegar breaks down the crystalisation of the uric acid in the bones. I can at least bend my big toe, without any discomfort now, after an attack of gout 15 years ago.

juvleo

Postby juvleo » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 2:14 pm

[quote="ksl"][quote="juvleo"][b] Hi there, appreciate if someone can advise me drinking a bottle of red wine every night is healthy? Tks. :???: [/b][/quote]

one glass is recommended, if you drink a bottle a night you will probably end up, with to much uric acid, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uric_acid

Humans produce only small quantities of uric acid with excess accumulation leading to a type of arthritis known as gout. and its very very painful, I know becuase i had it until, I started drinking vinegar, it appears the vinegar breaks down the crystalisation of the uric acid in the bones. I can at least bend my big toe, without any discomfort now, after an attack of gout 15 years ago.[/quote]

Hey there, tks fr yr advise. I will cut down to a glass per day.... :wink:

juvleo

Postby juvleo » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 2:16 pm

[quote="briceloh"]A glass a night is ok. But a bottle ? Someone told you to do that? :???:[/quote]

Nobody.... except myself doing that..... I need to displine my self to a glass a night... Tks anyway.... :)

juvleo

Re: Red wine in moderation, not?

Postby juvleo » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 2:20 pm

[quote="joop"]One bottle every night? You'll probably end up having heart dieases, one glass sounds alright, but one bottle sounds like you're an alcholic.

Read this article and you'll know what I mean. http://www.americanheart.org/presenter. ... ifier=4422[/quote]

Hey there, thank you for providing me the info and website. after reading it, it seems that I hv such symptoms in regards to my irregular heartbeat, oh no...... I must displine my self to one glass per night.... Tks anyway..... :D

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 2:40 pm

Coincidentally since end of last month I've been wanting to live dangerously (hehe), so I decided to taste some red wine.

One glass a day sounds heavy to me. I'm having one glass a week on Friday.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:06 am

riversandlakes wrote:Coincidentally since end of last month I've been wanting to live dangerously (hehe), so I decided to taste some red wine.

One glass a day sounds heavy to me. I'm having one glass a week on Friday.

I can assure you, that when i was in hospital in Denmark, we could have one glass of red wine each day, with our meals! How about that for 5 Star treatment!

Red wine is actually very good for you, in moderation!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:11 am

badspf wrote:
juvleo wrote:
ksl wrote:
juvleo wrote: Hi there, appreciate if someone can advise me drinking a bottle of red wine every night is healthy? Tks. :???:

Humans produce only small quantities of uric acid with excess accumulation leading to a type of arthritis known as gout. and its very very painful, I know becuase i had it until, I started drinking vinegar, it appears the vinegar breaks down the crystalisation of the uric acid in the bones. I can at least bend my big toe, without any discomfort now, after an attack of gout 15 years ago.

Hey there, tks fr yr advise. I will cut down to a glass per day.... :wink:

with xooma , u can drink one bottle of red wine per day
http://www.xooma-sg.com
it can take out all the acid from the red bottle in less than 6 min.

The acids in red wine are a requirement for good health, so why should one want, to take out the acid? :P

badspf

Postby badspf » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:14 am

what i know is acid is no good.
alkaline is good.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 3:07 pm

badspf wrote:what i know is acid is no good.
alkaline is good.

Now this can be quite interesting. Tell me why do you believe alkaline to be so good?

and where on your body do you believe alkaline to be good?

Be careful, that you have done your research, before you post, otherwise you may look a little silly.

If you are female, for example and your vagina, is alkaline, you are very likely to have a yeast infection, the PH of the vagina is almost the same as vinegar! and please don't say your skin?

what you should be discussing is how to balance the bodies PH value, and I can assure you drinking a glass of red wine each day, will not effect the PH value of your body, although drinking vinegar, will have an alkaline effect on your stomach acid! Even though vinegar does have a PH value between 4 to 5 acidity.

Stomach acid PH Value is around 2.

I will say you are not wrong, saying alkaline is better, but you are neither right, to believe that it is. either way your PH value goes, you will be out of balance and your immune system will be weakend and you will be liable to get infections and colds much easier.

A glass of Red wine, is in fact recommended, by many medical authorities, for a number of health reasons. So you are completely wrong to believe that alkaline is better than acid.

badspf

Postby badspf » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:04 pm

A glass of Red wine, is recommended. but not for a bottle of red wine. agree?
after changing it into alkalinity, u can drink one bottle liao.

Acid - Alkaline Imbalance
the concept of acid-alkine imbalance as a cause of disease is not new. in 1933, a new york doctor named William Howard Hay, published a ground-breaking book, A New Health Era, in which he maintains that all disease is caused by Auto-Toxication (self-poisoning)due to acid accumulation in the body:

~ A one-point drop on the pH scale means 10 times more acidity
~ A two-point drop means 100 times more acidity
~ A three-point drop means 1000 times more acidity and so on...
~ A drink with pH reading of 2,(e.g. soft drink or cola) is 100,000 times more acidic than a drink with a pH reading of "7"(e.g. distilled water)
~ IT takes approximately 32 glasses of water to neutralise the acidity from 1 bottle of Cola

Acid in our bodies may:
Eat away at the orgrans
cause cells to mutate
reduce the oxygen
cause plaque in the arteries
deplete calcium from out teeth and bones
and so on....

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:15 pm

badspf wrote:A glass of Red wine, is recommended. but not for a bottle of red wine. agree?
after changing it into alkalinity, u can drink one bottle liao.

Acid - Alkaline Imbalance
the concept of acid-alkine imbalance as a cause of disease is not new. in 1933, a new york doctor named William Howard Hay, published a ground-breaking book, A New Health Era, in which he maintains that all disease is caused by Auto-Toxication (self-poisoning)due to acid accumulation in the body:

~ A one-point drop on the pH scale means 10 times more acidity
~ A two-point drop means 100 times more acidity
~ A three-point drop means 1000 times more acidity and so on...
~ A drink with pH reading of 2,(e.g. soft drink or cola) is 100,000 times more acidic than a drink with a pH reading of "7"(e.g. distilled water)
~ IT takes approximately 32 glasses of water to neutralise the acidity from 1 bottle of Cola

Acid in our bodies may:
Eat away at the orgrans
cause cells to mutate
reduce the oxygen
cause plaque in the arteries
deplete calcium from out teeth and bones
and so on....

Post your link to the source please, so that we can all read the facts.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:39 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_howard_hay

Having looked at William Howard Hay on wikipedia, one can see, that he was quite a successful writer, and a surgon, that became ill, with Brights disease. I can see he had is theories, but i am really interested in facts.

I'm quite sure the book is very interesting, but without any facts, his theories do not hold up. and there is nothing listed in expedia.com with regards to his research. Please help if you can, I find he topic very interesting.