Singapore Expats Forum

Water Confidence Test ( Tuesday )

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
amirinc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 05 Sep 2006

Water Confidence Test ( Tuesday )

Postby amirinc » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:52 pm

Hey pips, just got back from the test...got thru hehehe. But somehow or rather think the day was a breeze..easy to pass ..don you think so? for those who went today...Its not really scary like what it was hyped to be..and no jumping of a mock plane..just swim acrass the pool with a life vest. and those who did not make thru were underweight or over. Kinda have that lil bit of disappointment...

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: Water Confidence Test ( Tuesday )

Postby queenie-me » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 3:07 pm

amirinc wrote:Hey pips, just got back from the test...got thru hehehe. But somehow or rather think the day was a breeze..easy to pass ..don you think so? for those who went today...Its not really scary like what it was hyped to be..and no jumping of a mock plane..just swim acrass the pool with a life vest. and those who did not make thru were underweight or over. Kinda have that lil bit of disappointment...



are u a male or female?

jaden
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 05 Sep 2006

Re: Water Confidence Test ( Tuesday )

Postby jaden » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 3:16 pm

amirinc wrote:Hey pips, just got back from the test...got thru hehehe. But somehow or rather think the day was a breeze..easy to pass ..don you think so? for those who went today...Its not really scary like what it was hyped to be..and no jumping of a mock plane..just swim acrass the pool with a life vest. and those who did not make thru were underweight or over. Kinda have that lil bit of disappointment...


Hi amirinc.

Congrats!

When did you go for the walk-in interview? Was it on the Saturday or Sunday?

And also, when and how were you notified of the water confidence test date?

Thanks.

cutiechar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 11 Jan 2006

Re: Water Confidence Test ( Tuesday )

Postby cutiechar » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 5:20 pm

[quote="amirinc"]Hey pips, just got back from the test...got thru hehehe. But somehow or rather think the day was a breeze..easy to pass ..don you think so? for those who went today...Its not really scary like what it was hyped to be..and no jumping of a mock plane..just swim acrass the pool with a life vest. and those who did not make thru were underweight or over. Kinda have that lil bit of disappointment...[/quote]

Hey

I am a gal here. I went for the swim test on Mon..yup ur rite! its a breeze..there isnt any mock plane and just need to jump from the pool.das it! I heard that the pool in STC is undergoing renovation. das y! apparently most of us got thru (I felt tat the skincheck was quite lenient, but thats a good thing, HAHAHA :P) except for 4 who was eliminated coz of inproper height and weight..and surprisingly, there isnt any psychometric test and were just told to wait for final interview email. weird rite..it seems so fast..my batch have got 12 gals who chose tomorrow as their mgt interview..hehe..hope they can go thru.

cheers!

Rian
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Water CONFIDENCE Test

Postby Rian » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:33 pm

Hey guys.

Went there just now and i got in too.. There's no psychometric test. Surprisingly.

Anyway, i got the actual employment application form. Need to make enquiry. There's this clause "REFERENCE TO PREVIOUS EMPLOYERS AND SALARY EXPECTED". What does the clause means and how should i answer that?

And they also asked for the SALARY EXPECTED. In your opinion, what is the appropriate amount that one should write? I can't possibly straightaway put $3,500 as my expected salary right? If i put that, they'll sure laugh at my form... Need some help here please..

jaden
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 05 Sep 2006

Re: Water CONFIDENCE Test

Postby jaden » Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:08 pm

Hi Rian.


When did you go for the walk-in interview? Was it on the Saturday or Sunday?

And also, when and how (by email?) were you notified of the water confidence test date ?

Thanks.

Rian
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Re: Water CONFIDENCE Test

Postby Rian » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 6:58 am

jaden wrote:Hi Rian.


When did you go for the walk-in interview? Was it on the Saturday or Sunday?

And also, when and how (by email?) were you notified of the water confidence test date ?

Thanks.


Hey jaden,

I went on Sunday. after the one on one interview at the convention, i was given a letter to go for the water confidence test. And also a form to sign (the form that i hereby agree if i won't sue the company if i have mishap while having the water confidence test).

Nikki1166
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 06 Sep 2006

Re: Water Confidence Test ( Tuesday )

Postby Nikki1166 » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 9:48 pm

amirinc wrote:Hey pips, just got back from the test...got thru hehehe. But somehow or rather think the day was a breeze..easy to pass ..don you think so? for those who went today...Its not really scary like what it was hyped to be..and no jumping of a mock plane..just swim acrass the pool with a life vest. and those who did not make thru were underweight or over. Kinda have that lil bit of disappointment...


My friend's who pretty, 1.64m tall & has a perfect weight but still did not get thru though she can swim well. She's extremely disappointed. Maybe she was penalised for wearing a bikini.
No wonder everyone is saying that standard has dropped & commented that SIA girls in the past were much prettier than what they have now. Especially those who joined in the 80s' and 90s'.
Any idea when is next recruitment exercise?
I thot of trying myself but then again if my good friend can't be selected by SIA, doubt I can cos i'm definitely not as pretty as her.

Aquagal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon, 21 Aug 2006
Contact:

Re: Water Confidence Test ( Tuesday )

Postby Aquagal » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:43 pm

Nikki1166 wrote:
amirinc wrote:Hey pips, just got back from the test...got thru hehehe. But somehow or rather think the day was a breeze..easy to pass ..don you think so? for those who went today...Its not really scary like what it was hyped to be..and no jumping of a mock plane..just swim acrass the pool with a life vest. and those who did not make thru were underweight or over. Kinda have that lil bit of disappointment...


My friend's who pretty, 1.64m tall & has a perfect weight but still did not get thru though she can swim well. She's extremely disappointed. Maybe she was penalised for wearing a bikini.
No wonder everyone is saying that standard has dropped & commented that SIA girls in the past were much prettier than what they have now. Especially those who joined in the 80s' and 90s'.
Any idea when is next recruitment exercise?
I thot of trying myself but then again if my good friend can't be selected by SIA, doubt I can cos i'm definitely not as pretty as her.



Hi, sorry to hear abt your fren's plight.. as from the previous posts, SIA is quite stringent abt the requirements and she should be dressed in a proper swimwear.. Somehow agreed wid what u said e standards of e FA had dropped over e years.. Perhaps during those years, it is a stepping stone for SIA to recruit pretty gals??? Times had changed, maybe they think dat LOOKS are secondary now(as long as u are pleasant-looking!!!). Actually, wat is important is your attitude and personality towards your duties as a FA.. bUt sometimes, lady luck also plays a part in all the rounds.. No offense to your good fren... :D

AS for the next recruitment, from other posts, it wil be probably in Oct... your fren should try again.. NEVER SAY DIE!!! AS for u, should go n try as well, IF u are able to get in 2nd round, at LEAST u have tried!!! Dun regret when u are older!!! :cool:

Cheers... :P

Nikki1166
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 06 Sep 2006

Re: Water Confidence Test ( Tuesday )

Postby Nikki1166 » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 11:04 pm

Aquagal wrote:
Nikki1166 wrote:
amirinc wrote:Hey pips, just got back from the test...got thru hehehe. But somehow or rather think the day was a breeze..easy to pass ..don you think so? for those who went today...Its not really scary like what it was hyped to be..and no jumping of a mock plane..just swim acrass the pool with a life vest. and those who did not make thru were underweight or over. Kinda have that lil bit of disappointment...


My friend's who pretty, 1.64m tall & has a perfect weight but still did not get thru though she can swim well. She's extremely disappointed. Maybe she was penalised for wearing a bikini.
No wonder everyone is saying that standard has dropped & commented that SIA girls in the past were much prettier than what they have now. Especially those who joined in the 80s' and 90s'.
Any idea when is next recruitment exercise?
I thot of trying myself but then again if my good friend can't be selected by SIA, doubt I can cos i'm definitely not as pretty as her.



Hi, sorry to hear abt your fren's plight.. as from the previous posts, SIA is quite stringent abt the requirements and she should be dressed in a proper swimwear.. Somehow agreed wid what u said e standards of e FA had dropped over e years.. Perhaps during those years, it is a stepping stone for SIA to recruit pretty gals??? Times had changed, maybe they think dat LOOKS are secondary now(as long as u are pleasant-looking!!!). Actually, wat is important is your attitude and personality towards your duties as a FA.. bUt sometimes, lady luck also plays a part in all the rounds.. No offense to your good fren... :D

AS for the next recruitment, from other posts, it wil be probably in Oct... your fren should try again.. NEVER SAY DIE!!! AS for u, should go n try as well, IF u are able to get in 2nd round, at LEAST u have tried!!! Dun regret when u are older!!! :cool:

Cheers... :P


I would definitely try next monthcos dont want to regret later in life. Will also advise my friend to wear a proper swimwear too next month.
Are you presently a stewardess yourself? If you are, I've posted a new topic on Quality of SIA steward. Maybe you can give me your advice on that topic. Thanks

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2006

Postby toygirl » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 11:43 pm

Standards are slipping? Obviously. Nowadays, the stringent days are kinda gone. That's why we have a balance of Malaysians, Indonesians, Taiwanese, Indians... to make up for it.

Try it if you know what you're in for - Bond once signed - Is signed!

Nikki1166
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 06 Sep 2006

Postby Nikki1166 » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 1:44 am

toygirl wrote:Standards are slipping? Obviously. Nowadays, the stringent days are kinda gone. That's why we have a balance of Malaysians, Indonesians, Taiwanese, Indians... to make up for it.

Try it if you know what you're in for - Bond once signed - Is signed!


Can anyone tell me where i can go for Brazilian wax & how much it cost cos not appropriate for me to wear swimwear for interview with my 'bush' exposed especially if SIA interviwers are males.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 2:47 am

toygirl wrote:Standards are slipping? Obviously. Nowadays, the stringent days are kinda gone. That's why we have a balance of Malaysians, Indonesians, Taiwanese, Indians... to make up for it.



Too true as a passenger myself and others have noticed a marked difference
since I first flew with SIA in 1999.

Plavt.

Aquagal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon, 21 Aug 2006
Contact:

Re: Water Confidence Test ( Tuesday )

Postby Aquagal » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 7:57 pm

Nikki1166 wrote:
Aquagal wrote:
Nikki1166 wrote:
amirinc wrote:Hey pips, just got back from the test...got thru hehehe. But somehow or rather think the day was a breeze..easy to pass ..don you think so? for those who went today...Its not really scary like what it was hyped to be..and no jumping of a mock plane..just swim acrass the pool with a life vest. and those who did not make thru were underweight or over. Kinda have that lil bit of disappointment...


My friend's who pretty, 1.64m tall & has a perfect weight but still did not get thru though she can swim well. She's extremely disappointed. Maybe she was penalised for wearing a bikini.
No wonder everyone is saying that standard has dropped & commented that SIA girls in the past were much prettier than what they have now. Especially those who joined in the 80s' and 90s'.
Any idea when is next recruitment exercise?
I thot of trying myself but then again if my good friend can't be selected by SIA, doubt I can cos i'm definitely not as pretty as her.



Hi, sorry to hear abt your fren's plight.. as from the previous posts, SIA is quite stringent abt the requirements and she should be dressed in a proper swimwear.. Somehow agreed wid what u said e standards of e FA had dropped over e years.. Perhaps during those years, it is a stepping stone for SIA to recruit pretty gals??? Times had changed, maybe they think dat LOOKS are secondary now(as long as u are pleasant-looking!!!). Actually, wat is important is your attitude and personality towards your duties as a FA.. bUt sometimes, lady luck also plays a part in all the rounds.. No offense to your good fren... :D

AS for the next recruitment, from other posts, it wil be probably in Oct... your fren should try again.. NEVER SAY DIE!!! AS for u, should go n try as well, IF u are able to get in 2nd round, at LEAST u have tried!!! Dun regret when u are older!!! :cool:

Cheers... :P


I would definitely try next monthcos dont want to regret later in life. Will also advise my friend to wear a proper swimwear too next month.
Are you presently a stewardess yourself? If you are, I've posted a new topic on Quality of SIA steward. Maybe you can give me your advice on that topic. Thanks


Sorry, I am not a FA yet.. BUt some of my frens are.. Dats what they told me some of e tales revolving cabin crew... I will also try to for the Oct recruitment cuz i missed e previous one!

Regards

Nikki1166
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 06 Sep 2006

Re: Water Confidence Test ( Tuesday )

Postby Nikki1166 » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 7:56 am

Aquagal wrote:
Nikki1166 wrote:
Aquagal wrote:
Nikki1166 wrote:
amirinc wrote:Hey pips, just got back from the test...got thru hehehe. But somehow or rather think the day was a breeze..easy to pass ..don you think so? for those who went today...Its not really scary like what it was hyped to be..and no jumping of a mock plane..just swim acrass the pool with a life vest. and those who did not make thru were underweight or over. Kinda have that lil bit of disappointment...


My friend's who pretty, 1.64m tall & has a perfect weight but still did not get thru though she can swim well. She's extremely disappointed. Maybe she was penalised for wearing a bikini.
No wonder everyone is saying that standard has dropped & commented that SIA girls in the past were much prettier than what they have now. Especially those who joined in the 80s' and 90s'.
Any idea when is next recruitment exercise?
I thot of trying myself but then again if my good friend can't be selected by SIA, doubt I can cos i'm definitely not as pretty as her.



Hi, sorry to hear abt your fren's plight.. as from the previous posts, SIA is quite stringent abt the requirements and she should be dressed in a proper swimwear.. Somehow agreed wid what u said e standards of e FA had dropped over e years.. Perhaps during those years, it is a stepping stone for SIA to recruit pretty gals??? Times had changed, maybe they think dat LOOKS are secondary now(as long as u are pleasant-looking!!!). Actually, wat is important is your attitude and personality towards your duties as a FA.. bUt sometimes, lady luck also plays a part in all the rounds.. No offense to your good fren... :D

AS for the next recruitment, from other posts, it wil be probably in Oct... your fren should try again.. NEVER SAY DIE!!! AS for u, should go n try as well, IF u are able to get in 2nd round, at LEAST u have tried!!! Dun regret when u are older!!! :cool:

Cheers... :P


I would definitely try next monthcos dont want to regret later in life. Will also advise my friend to wear a proper swimwear too next month.
Are you presently a stewardess yourself? If you are, I've posted a new topic on Quality of SIA steward. Maybe you can give me your advice on that topic. Thanks


Sorry, I am not a FA yet.. BUt some of my frens are.. Dats what they told me some of e tales revolving cabin crew... I will also try to for the Oct recruitment cuz i missed e previous one!

Regards


Could you share with me what tales revolving cabin crew your friends had told you in this forum? Can also email me at trolley2364@yahoo.com.sg if you prefer in private. Thanks


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: susuchubby and 3 guests