Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone can introduce where can find a C.Crew Training Center

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Miki1980

Anyone can introduce where can find a C.Crew Training Center

Postby Miki1980 » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 3:58 pm

I heard my Friend saying that there was exist some Cabin Crew Training School, can help you get high chances to get the job? Can anyone tell me how to contact they? I am Johorean, but i am available travel to Singapore either North Malaysia like KL, Pinang?

Because i heard the Course just spending about 2 month, and also have part time course for Working peoples. If the best johor got that kind of school then i no need to resign my exist job. I am really interesting to get the course. Can anyone help me?

By Miki

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 4:39 pm

Be very wary, most courses of that type do nothing more than take money off you and will not increase your employment prospects. Far simpler to sit down and write on a notepad things such as; why you want the job, good points and bad points, list the various scenarios items and objects associated with being a flight attendant. In addition go to the library, read the newspaper, visit airport(s), take one or more flights if possible and talk to the crews you will likely better results this way.

Happy hunting.

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Sun, 03 Sep 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Postby Shreked » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 4:41 pm

100% agreed to Plavt!
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby toygirl » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 5:06 pm

I know which school you are referring to - It costs around $3K RM and they basically prepare you on grooming, interview techniques.

Also, they do NOT guarrantee success - they can recommend, but it is up to you to perform during the interviews.

I think it is a waste of money but if you have cash to spare, then try it, then.

Good luck.

Miki1980

Postby Miki1980 » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 7:35 pm

toygirl wrote:I know which school you are referring to - It costs around $3K RM and they basically prepare you on grooming, interview techniques.

Also, they do NOT guarrantee success - they can recommend, but it is up to you to perform during the interviews.

I think it is a waste of money but if you have cash to spare, then try it, then.

Good luck.

Can I know where is it? Because i am fail 2 time of SIA Interview, finally i get some suggest from one of the airline friend. They suggest me go for some grooming and interview tactic course, that is what i need now. For other factors is school result, and lack of communication skill, that why i need to take some course. Maybe i am lack of confident and i know that is something i cant learn from current enviroment, so i really need to take some course. For those ppls who is great confident and got the qualification please understand for our situation.

So can u tell me more detail of the school contact or the web?? 3k RM i think still can affortable, because better for me to get some markerting or account course ( above than 10-15k RM or maybe higher i think ). If let say the course really will help me get more chance to get the job i willing to pay for it. Is better than now situation no planning no future and bad pay. This job is my Ambition.

Anywhere thank for your reply, i wouldn't rush to take the course. I will going to survey first then make the final decision, hope can get your reply soon, thanks

By Miki

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby toygirl » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 8:14 pm

Pvt-ed you the details. But caveat emptor! - I really advise against it as I think it's still a big waste of $!

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 9:00 pm

They suggest me go for some grooming and interview tactic course, that is what i need now.

Grooming is something that would be taught by the airline should you be successful (e.g.: how to sit, how to stand, how to cut your hair to suit your face). As for interview tactics; with a little research and thought of your own you should be able to establish most if not all of these yourself. Heres a hint for you; presentation and temperament.

For other factors is school result, and lack of communication skill, that why i need to take some course.

A better solution than the one you are thinking of is to take a course at a local college, one in which you need to ask questions and discuss things with your fellow students. There are many courses of course and you may be surprised at what is effective. For example mathematics is one such believe it or not as problems can be interpreted in more than one way and sociology is never ending argument. I think if you improve your thinking you will ultimately improve your communication skills.

Plavt.

Miki1980

Postby Miki1980 » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 10:33 pm

Plavt wrote:

[color=blue] For other factors is school result, and lack of communication skill, that why i need to take some course.

A better solution than the one you are thinking of is to take a course at a local college, one in which you need to ask questions and discuss things with your fellow students. There are many courses of course and you may be surprised at what is effective. For example mathematics is one such believe it or not as problems can be interpreted in more than one way and sociology is never ending argument. I think if you improve your thinking you will ultimately improve your communication skills.

Plavt.

Yes, you are right Plavt. But i cant affortable college fees and i am no more interesting on futher study, that why i am looking for that kind of short course and then still can earn some income to cover my expenses. And i have read some news from local news paper (Sin Chew), there is some case like me. They are joining some local course regarding Cabin crew training, then they learn the tactic and apply it on the interview, finally they get the job.

I am just search for some option, if that school fees is non-reasonable and teach nothing i wouldn't go to take the course. At last please tell me any good training centre that you know, it is better than let me simply take a course without survey.

I am really want to take the course, just tell me any good choice. That is helping me alot, thanks again.

by Miki

Miki1980

Postby Miki1980 » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 10:42 pm

toygirl wrote:Pvt-ed you the details. But caveat emptor! - I really advise against it as I think it's still a big waste of $!

Thanks, i have received your mail message. Any others Selection?? How did you know about it??? Did you know what is the detail of the course they teaching? Sorry i cant use the PM mode to ask you. But i cant link to the web which you are sent to me. Isnt the link anything wrong?

http://www.excelmalaysia.com/ <<< isnt that correct???

Miki1980

Postby Miki1980 » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 11:36 pm

Thanks, The Link is correct ( i think just now my link got problem ), Tomorrow i will give a ring to they. If they have a branch in Johor, i think i will consider it. Thanks for your help again.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 11:54 pm

Miki1980 wrote:And i have read some news from local news paper (Sin Chew), there is some case like me. They are joining some local course regarding Cabin crew training, then they learn the tactic and apply it on the interview, finally they get the job.

Hi Again Miki,
First of all your PM function should work after making 5 posts (this is to stop spammers). The newspaper you quote is unfamiliar to me as it would be as I am a long way away. Although I would say be very cautious as most if not anybody knows what is printed in newspapers is not necessarily true. Somehow or other you will have to establish for yourself if it is worth it or not, personally I see it as a 'quick-fix' solution which rarely works.

Take your time although you say you cannot afford courses in local colleges there are other ways of doing the same thing but I have to admit I do not know what facilities exist in Singapore

Plavt.

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blancD » Mon, 04 Sep 2006 3:37 am

Plavt wrote:
Miki1980 wrote:And i have read some news from local news paper (Sin Chew), there is some case like me. They are joining some local course regarding Cabin crew training, then they learn the tactic and apply it on the interview, finally they get the job.

Hi Again Miki,
First of all your PM function should work after making 5 posts (this is to stop spammers). The newspaper you quote is unfamiliar to me as it would be as I am a long way away. Although I would say be very cautious as most if not anybody knows what is printed in newspapers is not necessarily true. Somehow or other you will have to establish for yourself if it is worth it or not, personally I see it as a 'quick-fix' solution which rarely works.

Take your time although you say you cannot afford courses in local colleges there are other ways of doing the same thing but I have to admit I do not know what facilities exist in Singapore

Plavt.

he's a malaysian hehe.. :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

babymoon21

Postby babymoon21 » Mon, 04 Sep 2006 9:30 am

Hey, maybe u can try out this www.excelmalaysia.com
quite well-known training school in KL.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby toygirl » Mon, 04 Sep 2006 4:08 pm

Yup, that's the site I PM-ed to you - But please note - they only guide you on the interview process - I think it is a 2.5 month course for RM3K - Nothing guarranteed - but if you got cash to spare - they prep you. But seriously, after reading your messages, I think you really have to improve your English - it's the English that makes or breaks the first impression. I do not want to encourage you on the course because you will feel "cheated" if you do it and end up not getting a cabin crew job. Ultimately, it is a combination of factors that influence selection and you really need to work on the English part first, remember a lot of MAS crew do apply for Middle Eastern airlines and if you actually speak like that how you have written, you will not make it past Round 1.

I always cringe during "Self-introduction" rounds when I hear "Chinglish", "Singlish" or "Malaish"

In Singapore - I do not know of ANY such schools offering "flight attendant prep courses" - I only know one in Malaysia and one in Philippines and that's the one.

Good luck.