Singapore Expats Forum

Re: Explaination Needed.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

samsonkoh77

Postby samsonkoh77 » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 3:10 am

Can anybody explain if a Judge say " Disqualification of all classes of lience for 14 months", What does it mean? Do I have to retake my lience or I can take back my lience after 14 moonths.

Can anyone pls explain to me, I will be very appreciate.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 9:54 am

Best source of information is the Traffic Police. Contact details found at:

http://app.sgdi.gov.sg/listing.asp?agen ... 0000001060

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:44 am

samsonkoh77 wrote:Can anybody explain if a Judge say " Disqualification of all classes of lience for 14 months", What does it mean? Do I have to retake my lience or I can take back my lience after 14 moonths.

Any suspension of disqualification of a license that is one year or longer in duration means that you will need to take the entire drivers license course again in order to get another license.

You must have been a bad boy to get 14 months on all classes.

oystereggs

Postby oystereggs » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 5:58 pm

samsonkoh77 wrote:Can anybody explain if a Judge say " Disqualification of all classes of lience for 14 months", What does it mean? Do I have to retake my lience or I can take back my lience after 14 moonths.

Hi samsonkoh, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I will try to be as brief as possible.

The word 'disqualification' is self explanatory. The word 'classes' in this context means classes 2A, 2B, 3 3A, 4, 4A and 5. What our learned friend meant was, he is disqualifying all the above classes of driving licence for 14 months. Don't be scared of the legal jargon, it is only another way of communicating with 'bystanders' or 'all and sundry' so to let them know their social class :D

After 14 months are over, you will have to reapply to have this licence renewed and the way you will be asked to do so is not left at the discretion of your local police station.

Good luck!