Singapore Expats

SIA Cabin Crew Accommodation

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

SIA Cabin Crew Accommodation

Post by niennaanarion » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 7:26 am

Hi,

I got shortlisted for SIA Indonesian cabin crew interview in Jakarta on the 1st Sept

I want to know if SIA provide accommodation for overseas cabin crews (such as Indo, Malay, China, etc) after they got selected :
1. Do they provide it?
2. Is it free?If no, how much are they paying?
3. How about electricity, gas, water, etc?
4. How come this facts doesnt clearly provided in the website unlike emirates?
5. Do they give you money in 4 months of training? if so, how much?

explain as detail as possible..

Thank you sooooooooo much guyssssss..

for all the girls/guys that got shortlisted.. I'll see you there and good luck!!!!
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 9:53 am

I only know that during the 4 months training they will give you basic allowances.I do not know how much though.I think it's roughly around 1.3K or so?You should be based in Singapore I think..SIA will provide you with your house rental.I hope this helps you.

Good Luck buddy!
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DimWit Kid » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:38 am

nienna, I have a friend who used to be a cabin crew in SIA (dari Indo juga). She lived in a shared-apartment with other colleagues - it's not SIA-provided one (dunno if they provide the money for renting though). Costnya kira2 (tebakan gua doang) sekitar 500-700 per bulan (per orang yg tinggal di apartemen itu).
Sorry cuman tau segitu aja... :)

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:47 pm

yea.. itu yang mo g tanya.. apa mereka menyediakan duitnya buat bayar apartment? full apa half apa quarter?

sorry a bit of indonesian language there..
so yea thats what im asking, are they paying full or half or quarter?or they just provide accom but we have to take care of everything including electricity?
cuz emirates provide accommodation, FREE and they dont have to pay for electricity and all.. and they got paid better than SQ, plus no seniority.

how about to and from airport transport?do they provide that?

thanksssss dim wit kid and sq steward
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 1:16 pm

they will provide you the appropriate allowances to take care of your needs while in singapore. Believe me, the allowances provided is sufficient and nothing less. You're only at a shortlist stage, you probably shouldn't be worried so much on allowances? but rather try to get to the last stage where you have to sign the contract? then start worrying.. just my two cents :wink:
"City of Ang3Ls"

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 1:54 pm

i know im only at the shortlist stage, but it should be one of my or anyone consideration if I should take the interview or not eventhough im only on shortlist stage =) at least we should have the confidence of getting in, if not why waste our time trying, couz you are going to go there with the loser mentality, thats not good for the interview session, eventho at the end you might not get the job.. hehehehehe

well anyways.. for me, I want to find out everything i need to know. the accommodation, the electricity, the interview, the company info. I want to be sure what I am getting into, eventho there is no certain thing as getting the job. but its better to be prepared.

honestly im not sure i want to go for the interview IF i have to pay for the accomm and all, especially if its expensive. 22months of misery in SQ + pay for the accomm and etc = not worth it. but unbonded contract of emirates + free accomm + better pay = damn worth it heheheehhe

thanksssssss blancd

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 4:10 pm

niennaanarion wrote:i know im only at the shortlist stage, but it should be one of my or anyone consideration if I should take the interview or not eventhough im only on shortlist stage =) at least we should have the confidence of getting in, if not why waste our time trying, couz you are going to go there with the loser mentality, thats not good for the interview session, eventho at the end you might not get the job.. hehehehehe

well anyways.. for me, I want to find out everything i need to know. the accommodation, the electricity, the interview, the company info. I want to be sure what I am getting into, eventho there is no certain thing as getting the job. but its better to be prepared.

honestly im not sure i want to go for the interview IF i have to pay for the accomm and all, especially if its expensive. 22months of misery in SQ + pay for the accomm and etc = not worth it. but unbonded contract of emirates + free accomm + better pay = damn worth it heheheehhe

thanksssssss blancd
one sentence, do not worry, you will be provided with all the help you need once you're in singapore during the 4 months training, allowances will be sufficient to sustain a comfortable life there. i'm sure you applied with SIA because its a reputable company and i'm sure such a company will be able to fulfill the basic requirements of an expat working here in singapore.
not to be too confident during the interview but just be yourself! good luck to you and may you make it through!!
"City of Ang3Ls"

tuesdayisbest

Post by tuesdayisbest » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 4:31 am

Nienna,

It is good that you are trying to get as much information as possible before you go for the interview,but,am just wondering,wouldn't it be better that you get the answers to your queries directly from the interviewers themselves,on the 1st Sept?They are the best people to give you accurate and precise info.

No one here will be able to give you exact answers as to how much salary you will earn,housing agreement,if any,and other employment benefits.I can give you an idea,but am not sure it will be wise to make your decision based on whatever info i feed you.No point in guessing and getting second hand info.

List down your doubts,queries,and present them to the interviewers.That will also give the interviewers the impression that you are interested in the job.

On the other hand,you do not seem too serious about this job to me,because you mentioned that you might not even go for the interview on the 1st if you think that Emirates is better,in terms of welfare.And you want to decide now,based on second hand info.

Whatever your decision is,to attend the interview or not,please remember that the fact that you are shorlisted,means you are taking up a chance from another person.So,my advice,go for the interview,find out what you can,weigh the pros and cons of the job and the lifestyle,and then decide.

All the best to you.

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 7:22 am

true, you have a very good point. =)

emirates does comes 1st to me, actually im in dubai at the moment and would love to work with them and live here.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

vaanyramani

Re:

Post by vaanyramani » Wed, 23 Jan 2019 12:19 am

Hi, I am looking for a common room at Pasir Ris.

Please pm me if there is any room or suggestions. Urgently.
Thank you.