Singapore Expats Forum

looking for friends in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
nelka*

looking for friends in Singapore

Postby nelka* » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 5:11 am

Hi everyone! I come from Poland and from 09.2006 I'll be staying in Singapore, It's going to be my first time there. I'd like to make some new friends and meet somebody to go out with from time to time and who will help me to know the area better.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 9:23 am

Welcome, Nelka! I suggest taking a look at the regular outings on the board, such as the wednesday and friday night drinking clubs. :)
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

Barczar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Barczar » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:19 am

Welcome to Singapore...enjoy the weather! I played rugby in Poland and couldn't believe how the weather changed every 2 minutes...one minute hot, next snow, next rain, next wind, next hot again! Made for an interesting tournament! At any rate, welcome!
If you want to play with the Big Dogs you can't pee like a Puppy!

nelka*

Postby nelka* » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 6:01 pm

The weather in Poland is much more better than in England where it's so changeable, don't you think? :):) And did you enjoy Poland? I hope that I'll enjoy Singapore as much as it's possible. Where can I meet people about my age - 20? Any advice before coming to Sing?

danzig1976

Postby danzig1976 » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 6:09 pm

Being the resident Polish dude, I'd say go easy on long-sleeved clothing, unless you need some business shirts for work (not likely if you're an Au Pair).

Apart from my office clothing, I dragged one single thin sweater with me. Turned out to be a waste of place in my backpack, I haven't touched it once in the month I'm already here.

The overweight is VERY expensive (34 euro per kg or something similarly insane), so if you want to do some serious shopping, better pack less, you can buy rather inexpensive clothes here, same goes for necessities like soap, shampoo and the likes.

A small umbrella would be nice, but you can buy them everywhere here.

Contrary to the common belief, electronics aren't much more cheaper here than in Europe. So if you already have a digi-cam, by all means brng it with you.

Maybe some more things will come to my mind later :)

regards
Mike

eingmaticindian

welcome to singapore

Postby eingmaticindian » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 7:03 pm

Hi,
I sent u a pm. let me know if u can manage to hv a look at it. if not then I will post my contact here.

cheers
Keep smiling unless there is a reason not to!

nelka*

Postby nelka* » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 4:03 am

I can't use the pm yet thus I'd be happy if you could me your details here. Tnaks u all for ifno. Do you know the prices of laptops and dig. cameras in Singapore? How much do they differ from the European prices?

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:04 am

nelka* wrote:I can't use the pm yet thus I'd be happy if you could me your details here. Tnaks u all for ifno. Do you know the prices of laptops and dig. cameras in Singapore? How much do they differ from the European prices?

Look at:

sg.hardwarezone.com/priceguide

and

www.bargaincity.com.sg
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

eingmaticindian

Postby eingmaticindian » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 6:57 pm

Hi Nelka,
You can drop me an email at puneetjain0407@gmail.com
I am also new here, so maybe I can help u with some questions about settling down here.
cheers
Puneet
Keep smiling unless there is a reason not to!

krazyy

Postby krazyy » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:21 am

hey..

welcome...am pretty new here myself..