Singapore Expats Forum

Muay THai!!!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
lil chris

Muay THai!!!

Postby lil chris » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:24 am

Anybody know where to train muay thai in singapore???? Been searching for it, but still haven't got a clue. :???: Seems the interests are not here in Singapore :( :-|

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 9:26 am

A google search for "muay thai singapore" returns quite a few results... Such as at the concourse building and at golden mile.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

sedulous

Postby sedulous » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:12 am

hi chris

there's a yahoo group for singapore muay thai. you can get a lot of information there about different types of clubs in singapore.

search for "singaporemuaythaiclub" at yahoo grp.

i joined the hilltop club b4 long time back, great training and reasonable price. but other clubs may be good too.

:)

SpursMad

Postby SpursMad » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 3:36 pm

www.bxgfitness.com

will be starting beginners course in 2 weekends time

feel free to pm or email me if you start at same time or whatever

ijpryor@yahoo.co.uk

lil chris

Postby lil chris » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 9:22 pm

Thank y'all 4 the info!!!!

Hey spursmad, i've checked the bxq, located in east coast.Its not so convenient to go to east coast on weekends as theres no bus service if am not wrong. N i have 2 say i luv the facilities there...
oh, yeah! do u guys have any ideas where hilltop located??? From what i heard from my friends in hilltop, its much more demanding on ur physical...especially if u are selected to fight in a match. On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at Bukit Batok Nature Park for physical training. And Tuesday, Thursday at Farrer Park Boxing GYM...

That might be too much for me :shock: anyone been to the farrer park boxing gym???

sedulous

Postby sedulous » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 9:22 am

hi chris

i trained at farrer park boxing gym b4, yap it's tough alrite. but different people may have different tolerance level, why dont you just go there and see the training for yourself before you decide to join. it's an open gym near the football field, so it's visible from outside if you want to watch them doing the training. :)

lil chris

Postby lil chris » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 5:27 pm

Rightttt, I'll definitely go n take a look at that thingy.

lil chris

Postby lil chris » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 8:53 pm

Hello, Sedulous!!!
I was about to pm you, but for some reasons i can't!!
i did go to farrer park, but i didn't find the place anyways! No one knows about it. So where does it exactlly located????

sedulous

Postby sedulous » Sun, 03 Sep 2006 10:21 pm

hi chris

sorry just came back from trip. if i recalled correctly the location is near the field and tennis court. it's within walking distance from farrer park mrt but you need to walk through the hdb first to be able to see the park. the gym is like a small hut with one boxing ring inside.

http://./asia_tra ... 706&star=1

alternatively you can msg the yahoogroup forum that i mentioned previously, there will be some people training at that gym that you can arrange to meet up or go together to help you find the place.

gl m8 :D

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Mon, 04 Sep 2006 11:07 am

Are you talking about Farrer Park Boxing Gym, sedulous?

should be this one I guess http://www.asfitness.com/locations_page.htm
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

sedulous

Postby sedulous » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 9:43 am

mmm not really sure what it calls. it's a gym near the farrer park mrt. when i went there it's near the farrer field. not sure if they have relocate to other place.

kristen love

Postby kristen love » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 8:58 am

im in total confusion..okay, you see, im a girly girl..love everything pink...do my manicure+pedicure, closet 3/4 filled with skirts and pink tops.......love hello kitty toys.........BUTTTT ive got an obsession..MUAY THAI! i wanna try out that sport....it looks scary but i wanna give it a shot...........any suggestions?
kristen love

mondaymorningquarterback
Regular
Regular

Postby mondaymorningquarterback » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 1:00 pm

Do you know you just resurrected a 4 year old post? Theres Hilltop gym, evolve, fightworks asia, and many other macdojos around. Depends on which location suits you.

Immortal
Regular
Regular

Postby Immortal » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 4:03 pm

Try BNM Muay Thai Gym. If you have watched The Contender Asia, my friend Soren trains and teaches there.

Get in touch with Soren or Zach or any of the other trainers. You will be in good hands.

http://www.bnm.com.sg/#/01_home

vink
Regular
Regular

Postby vink » Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:11 pm

You might also want to check out BXG. I took their beginners course and it was great. Planning on taking the intermediate courses too. And there are a lot of girls taking lessons there too.

kristen love wrote:im in total confusion..okay, you see, im a girly girl..love everything pink...do my manicure+pedicure, closet 3/4 filled with skirts and pink tops.......love hello kitty toys.........BUTTTT ive got an obsession..MUAY THAI! i wanna try out that sport....it looks scary but i wanna give it a shot...........any suggestions?