Singapore Expats Forum

japanese past time

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
hmm

japanese past time

Postby hmm » Thu, 12 Aug 2004 9:22 am

just wondering, what do japanese expats do in singapore?

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sat, 14 Aug 2004 2:12 pm

Err... the kind of things that other expats do, only in Japanese? The few I know like movies, eating well, travel around the region and occasionally spending a night at my place :mrgreen:

See also http://www.singaweb.net.

Smoky Luke

Japanese

Postby Smoky Luke » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:28 pm

Hi, I am lookign for people who can talk jap. and english, french and german is cool as well.
My jap. was better, years ago, when I stayed in Nippon but soon I wud like to improve it again. Having a chat and coffee wud ne nice, who ever wants to talk and njoy the communication.
cheers*
SL

Postby Guest » Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:05 am

if you want to speak french, give me your mail, i'll drop you a mail ...
:D

Phoenix_chix

Postby Phoenix_chix » Mon, 22 Nov 2004 1:06 am

me me ....i speak jap...but not too good..used to be better.....kinda gets rusty once u stop. heee

hmmmz as for french...i only know few words....heee and italian i know food and swear words. heee

Smoky Luke

Language exchange

Postby Smoky Luke » Mon, 22 Nov 2004 8:17 pm

Sounds cool, certainly if it is fun to speak some words which seem fogotten in the brains. Let´s rock and speak some french/jap. and some italian words, which will be new to me.
Bye, ciao, adios, mata ne,

SL

Postby Guest » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 6:05 am

jpatokal wrote:Err... the kind of things that other expats do, only in Japanese? The few I know like movies, eating well, travel around the region and occasionally spending a night at my place :mrgreen:

See also http://www.singaweb.net.

i can see that u r e moderator..
i'm learning japanese now. taking my jlpt 1 this dec..
but i seriously lack of friends that speak this language, pls help...

i'm really very new to this. how about send me thru mails about how to keep myself fluent or to keep more *nuetral friends... meaning.. **I just wanna brush up my jap fluency, nothing more.. perhaps, someone who wanna learn english while i wanna learn jap sort of friends??

ins0123@yahoo.com

big thanks.

Postby Guest » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 9:59 am

Anonymous wrote:
jpatokal wrote:i'm really very new to this. how about send me thru mails about how to keep myself fluent or to keep more *nuetral friends... meaning.. **I just want to brush up my jap fluency, nothing more.. perhaps, someone who want to learn english while i want to learn jap sort of friends??

you might want to start by not using the term 'jap', which has derogatory connotations - it was at one time a racial slur

surprising that you are familiar with Japan and the Japanese people but not this

Postby Guest » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:03 am

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
jpatokal wrote:i'm really very new to this. how about send me thru mails about how to keep myself fluent or to keep more *nuetral friends... meaning.. **I just want to brush up my jap fluency, nothing more.. perhaps, someone who want to learn english while i want to learn jap sort of friends??

you might want to start by not using the term 'jap', which has derogatory connotations - it was at one time a racial slur

surprising that you are familiar with Japan and the Japanese people but not this

oops, sorry jpatokal, my use of the quotes implies it was you who said that! he didn't!

yuks
Regular
Regular

Postby yuks » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:26 am

Going back to the original topic...*ehem*

Don't know much about the single expats, but for the married ones, the hubby's usually work till very late so don't seem to have much of a social life, and the wives spend their free time learning English/Chinese, going for lunch, shopping, taking paper craft classes and some of the more active ones take Yoga lessons or play golf etc.

koyuli
Reporter
Reporter

Postby koyuli » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:34 am

Hi to all..

Well.. I used to organise the "Japanese Language Exchange' in this forum once a week.. But I stopped due to the poor response..

The regulars in my group and I all agreed that it is difficult to find people with interest in Japanese language.. since it is not widely used..

I am not sure about the other single Japanese, but the ones in my group simply love drinking! Anything about drinking goes!

Well, if anyone would like to practice Japanese or meet up with people of common interest, do PM to keep in contact, yeah?

Have a nice day..
Jaa ne!

Postby Guest » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 1:40 am

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

oops, sorry jpatokal, my use of the quotes implies it was you who said that! he didn't!

Hello??? I said, i am new to this forum.. if e term 'jap' is such an eye sore AND i'd already knew, would any sober being surmise that i'd deliberately misuse that term??! My apologies.. only to the public IF i have offended any.. and whoever you r that made that statement about me, YOU DONT KNOW ME! P*E*R*I*O*D.[/u]

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 8:05 am

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Hello??? I said, i am new to this forum.. if e term 'jap' is such an eye sore AND i'd already knew, would any sober being surmise that i'd deliberately misuse that term??! My apologies.. only to the public IF i have offended any.. and whoever you r that made that statement about me, YOU DONT KNOW ME! P*E*R*I*O*D.[/u]

aw, just learn from it and get over it!

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 9:26 pm

jpatokal wrote: and occasionally spending a night at my place :mrgreen:

MMKだよね。モテモテ困っちゃう :mrgreen: