Singapore Expats Forum

Australian Seeking IT Project Management role

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

dbenne22
Regular
Regular

Australian Seeking IT Project Management role

Postby dbenne22 » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 9:00 am

My wife, young baby and I are hoping to move to Singapore in the next few months. I am trawling the job boards and applying for anything suitable, as well as cold-calling any likely sounding employment agents / headhunters.

If this all comes to nothing, we will come to Singapore from mid November and stay for 4 - 5 weeks, and do some serious jobhunting.

The main difference of being there in person will of course be the opportunity to meet people socially who may be able to assist in my search.

Does anyone know of any organised networking groups who might be able to provide contacts in the Singapore It industry ? Or possibly the Wed or Fri night drinking groups that adterise on this site ??

Any advice gratefully received[/b]

nova74

Job search

Postby nova74 » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:52 am

Hi there

I was trying to go into Melbourne recently in Fashion merchandising area of work, and wrote to many agencies but purely 'entertaining' response. Later friends there were telling me, i wld have better chance if only by friends' introduction, as the employees tend to look for internal source.

Try jobsdb.com.sg
Asiaone.com.sg

Apart from it, our local Sat newspaper comes in executive apptmt which offer many IT jobs. You can also log in to few headhunting agency such as Michaelpage, hudson and Kelly. Before u made these trips, i suggest you write to inform the selected few agencies to plan your schedule.
I've got some IT friends who got hunted by these agencies. Dont worry, i think Singapore has quite a demand for IT offers if you have qualification and experience, is a +++no problem.

Hope this helps.

dbenne22
Regular
Regular

Michael Page

Postby dbenne22 » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 6:54 am

Hi Nova 74,

Wonderful advice - many thanks - I had forgotten about Michael Page - onto it now :)

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 9:17 am

dbenne22
Regular
Regular

CV

Postby dbenne22 » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:35 am

Dear Strong Eagle,

On its way.

Kind Regards,

Don.