Singapore Expats Forum

Any Advice ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

andre999

Any Advice ?

Postby andre999 » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:26 pm

I have moved to another country to work..but still I hold my Spore PR which is going to be expired early next year. In fact, I have some amount of money invested in shares and in saving account , registered using my PR blue IC number.
If one day I visited Spore using short-term visa (after PR expiry), do I have problem accessing my money from POSBank or the investment (bank security) which was registered using the expired IC?? My mastercard is still valid till 2010.

What is your advice? Should I come back before my PR expires to withdraw the investment I have in a securities and money from bank..and do a TT to an overseas bank??

Thanks.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 3:50 pm

Well, I think you have two basic options:

A) Trust your investment on hasty advise from complete strangers who may be pulling stuff out of their ass.
B) Ask your bank.

That said, my "Category A" response would be that your bank should accept your passport as ID as long as name, birth date, etc match their records.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague