Singapore Expats Forum

How to synchronise K700i?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Goethe

How to synchronise K700i?

Postby Goethe » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:54 am

Can any kindly give a step-by-step guide to synchronise the Sony Ericsson K700i? I've gone through the manual and installed the PC suite, but every time I try to create a new account, I'm being asked for the server address, and I don't know what that is. I've tried to contact Sony Ericsson but no one ever picks up the phone. Please help!

yan_26
Regular
Regular

Postby yan_26 » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 4:38 pm

how to help u??try to call them again
Love U Foerver !!

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: How to synchronise K700i?

Postby Bremen » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 9:06 pm

Goethe wrote:Can any kindly give a step-by-step guide to synchronise the Sony Ericsson K700i? I've gone through the manual and installed the PC suite, but every time I try to create a new account, I'm being asked for the server address, and I don't know what that is. I've tried to contact Sony Ericsson but no one ever picks up the phone. Please help!

There are 2 types of synchronization:

1. OTA synchronization with your work account over the internet

2. Direct synchronization with your PC

You will only be asked for an account if you're trying the first way, since you need to connect via GPRS to your company's corporate server, which needs to have remote synchronization support.

I'm guessing you're trying the second way? That's even easier, and is explained in detail in the manual.

Exactly what steps are you trying to do on your phone and PC? List them down exactly so I can see where you're going wrong.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

yan_26
Regular
Regular

Postby yan_26 » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 5:25 am

i use file manager but can't copy mp3 musics to my hp
dun knoe y...can someone help?
Love U Foerver !!

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 1:32 pm

yan_26 wrote:i use file manager but can't copy mp3 musics to my hp
dun knoe y...can someone help?

Please try to use proper spelling. What's wrong with typing "know"? It's even got the same number of letters as the singlish "knoe". :P

Anyway, what phone are you using? What folder are you trying to copy to? Is it really an MP3, or is it a WMA?
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

Goethe

Postby Goethe » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 5:12 pm

Hi Bremen,

First of all, I installed the PC suite. After that, I went to "Synchronisation" under "Conectivity" in my phone. I was prompted to give a server address, server username as well as password. When I tried to ignore and save the account, I would be given the error message "URL missing". The shortcut "My Phone" on my desktop is always showing not connected even after I have activated my Bluetooth device. The manual says that I have to input a server address, but I understand that this should not be the case from my friends who use Nokia. I've also tried on several occasions to contact Sony Ericsson but they have not returned my phone messages or emails once. Did I go wrong somewhere? I'm really puzzled. Please kindly point out where I went wrong, thanks!

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 6:07 pm

Goethe wrote:Hi Bremen,

First of all, I installed the PC suite. After that, I went to "Synchronisation" under "Conectivity" in my phone. I was prompted to give a server address, server username as well as password. When I tried to ignore and save the account, I would be given the error message "URL missing". The shortcut "My Phone" on my desktop is always showing not connected even after I have activated my Bluetooth device. The manual says that I have to input a server address, but I understand that this should not be the case from my friends who use Nokia. I've also tried on several occasions to contact Sony Ericsson but they have not returned my phone messages or emails once. Did I go wrong somewhere? I'm really puzzled. Please kindly point out where I went wrong, thanks!

Nokia is much, much worse than SE at synchronization. ;)

Ok, try the reverse... don't go for synchronization through the phone, since that's designed for remote/OTA synchronization (what i described earlier). Rather, try this:

1. Just activating the bluetooth device is not enough. You need to connect the computer to the phone. This is covered in page 68 or the "bluetooth" section of your manual. You need to make sure that your phone's bluetooth is switched on and discoverable, then you can pair it to your computer. This is common for ALL bluetooth devices, btw.

2. Go to Start -> All programs -> SonyEricsson -> Sync Station and you can select the settings and synchronize there.

- Terry Pratchett

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:41 pm

Goethe wrote:Hi Bremen,

Might I suggest that you drop out to the web and download the latest version of Nokia's PC Suite? Cured all my problems with my N80.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:03 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Might I suggest that you drop out to the web and download the latest version of Nokia's PC Suite? Cured all my problems with my N80.

The K700i is a SonyEricsson phone, not a Nokia.

- Terry Pratchett

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 3:58 pm

The SE phones tend to be a bit tricky with anything other than usb cable connection.
Goethe>>> The only thing you have to do on the phone is to pair it with your PC ..presuming of course you are using bluetooth.
In my blue tooth places go to discover devices thewn search for the phone. It will send a confirmation code to the phone ( you have to type it ion on the pc and then confirm by typing the same in on the phone) once paired sync should work.
I am a bit confused with the "PC suite" i thought that was for Nokia...as far as i know the Sony soft ware is called sync station ????
Anyway you can download the latest from SE Singapore.

If you get stuck post more details here for more help

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 4:46 pm

bigfilsing wrote:T
I am a bit confused with the "PC suite" i thought that was for Nokia...as far as i know the Sony soft ware is called sync station ????

Pc Suite is actually made by Symbian and rebadged by Nokia and SE for their Symbian phones. The SE one for the SE OS is called "Sync Station".

- Terry Pratchett

meip7

hi

Postby meip7 » Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:47 pm

hi everybody
reply me latest second hand k700i price.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: hi

Postby Bremen » Thu, 31 Aug 2006 7:10 pm

meip7 wrote:hi everybody
reply me latest second hand k700i price.

1. Learn English.
2. Learn how to say "please".
2. Learn how to use google, yahoo auctions and GO TO A CELLPHONE FORUM.

- Terry Pratchett

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”