Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone staying near Balestier Rd or CBD looking to hang out?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Suriya82

Anyone staying near Balestier Rd or CBD looking to hang out?

Postby Suriya82 » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 6:12 am

I just moved into a place off Balestier Rd on Rama Rama street and I have no idea where to eat or more like... what's good to eat where in this area and what else to do here. Anyone else new to this part of Singapore and looking to make a new friend? ...oh I also work in the CBD area near Clarke Quay, so anyone staying or working nearby would also be great. Could go for a coffee or dinner after work or something :) Going to and fro from the office straight to home all week is starting to get to me. i'm 24/f just moved to Singapore from KL two weeks ago. I may look chinese but i do not speak the language goddamnit! I irritate myself. Must learn.

Cheers,
~Suriya

BearHug
Regular
Regular

Postby BearHug » Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:13 am

WELCOME ABOARD SURIYA!!!!

Well, off the main road, there are a lot of eateries to serve your hungry tummy. There is one particular stall that serves good Hainanese Chicken Rice. Located across Balestier Plaza, behind a bus stop. Try alighting a couple of stops away and walk home. The smell is enticing, minus the carbon monoxide of coz. :P

Otherwise you can try walking up those slopes and private estates to Novena Square where u can find loads of food waiting for you. If you are lazy, hop in a bus to Toa Payoh Central and look around the area.

Hope it helps. PM me if u need to know places. :)
TheTimeIsAlwaysRightToDoWhatIsRight. Image

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 4:34 pm

This should be enough to get you started:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Singapore/Balestier

Lots of good late-night eating too.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

tutantomb

Postby tutantomb » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:21 pm

Hihi im stayin in town and also near Balestier (not realli near if 8min drive is considered near hehe). Complicated story lah. Weekends will be at Sims Ave and weekdays will be in town.

I usually have supper and not dinner so if ur lookin for a supper buddy then it'll b cool :D

blues_bleu

RE: Good evening!

Postby blues_bleu » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 9:41 pm

hey, i'm stayin off Balestier Road. (McNair Rd).
there's quite a number of places where you can get supper!!
esp roti prata!!

so you take a pick.
hear from you soon
bleu