Singapore Expats Forum

Travel To Russia

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
moNkaD8

Travel To Russia

Postby moNkaD8 » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:04 am

Please help.
Somebody travelled across Russia? How There?
I Am going to go here, advise, what route is better for choosing? Of what agency to take advantage? On the internet it is a lot of sites offering these services (gotorussia.com, russia-travel.com, 3btours.com, russia.com, etc.), but it were would be desirable to hear opinion of people which already there.
Thanks

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Travel To Russia

Postby EPL » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 5:50 pm

no no people are still here meeting up over booze after work on Friday IN SINGAPORE.. you should try russia expats forum instead..

Well you already have a team of professional to help you out from 3btours ? ? ? wait a minute are you promoting your firm? Anyway great website - very informative :wink:

Sorry cant be of much help..

moNkaD8 wrote:Please help.
Somebody travelled across Russia? How There?
I Am going to go here, advise, what route is better for choosing? Of what agency to take advantage? On the internet it is a lot of sites offering these services (gotorussia.com, russia-travel.com, 3btours.com, russia.com, etc.), but it were would be desirable to hear opinion of people which already there.
Thanks
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bonbon » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:00 pm

It's interesting to see some travel stuff on FNDC forum?

Depends on your travel style, budget? luxury? What you want to see? I think the agencies would only get you to go for those luxurious tours...butr hey if that' s your style...otherwise, try the ones mentioned below:

I did with http://www.beetroot.org/ , fantastic backpackers tour, with young people, covered a lot, and at night, too much vodka, and fun, get wasted nearly every night! But it's good that there's a max number of less than 10 i think....the tourguide is a young but experienced local russian girl!

I covered from Moscow to St. Petersburg...just meet the rest of backpackers for the tour group IN Moscow.

Or you can do it with Trans-Siberian, which is also strongly recommended!

You can also read Weechang's travel journal/experience on http://www.weecheng.com/...and ask for his advice...he's very helpful too!

or...you can always check out www.lonelyplanet.com, thorntree forum they give you a lot of tips...where to go, what to do etc...

Good luck :)

othello

hi

Postby othello » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 3:30 pm

:D
The intutive mind is a gift and the rational mind a faithful servant. We have created a society that respects the servant and has forgotten the gift.