Singapore Expats Forum

Working as a music teacher in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Nguyenpiano

Working as a music teacher in Singapore

Postby Nguyenpiano » Wed, 11 Aug 2004 3:06 pm

[font=Arial] [/font] :D

Hello everyone,I am now a music postgraduate student in Australia . I have got Bachelor of Piano in Vietnam already . I am thinking of working as a Piano teacher in Singapore after graduation .With my curent qualifications , am I eligable to work as Piano teacher in Singapore? I need your advice !!
Thanks!

PhantomX

Re: Working as a music teacher in Singapore

Postby PhantomX » Wed, 11 Aug 2004 3:18 pm

Nguyenpiano wrote:[font=Arial] [/font] :D

Hello everyone,I am now a music postgraduate student in Australia . I have got Bachelor of Piano in Vietnam already . I am thinking of working as a Piano teacher in Singapore after graduation .With my curent qualifications , am I eligable to work as Piano teacher in Singapore? I need your advice !!
Thanks!

Generally the accepted qualifications are from the UK and US
UK RSM, Trinity, US reputable schools like Julliard, Eastman etc
Havent heard about Vietnamese music qualifications being accepted although I've no doubt that the country does produce great talent
The formal schooling system would mostly take UK and US qualifications although Australian ones like the Sydney Conservatorium might qualify for entry as well. For the informal private sector, generally expectations are not different from the public side although you may try your luck when you come. But if you do have good teaching technique and are prepared to charge lower than what uk and us trained teachers may charge, you may find yourself a niche
But that is very much arisk you would have to take when you come into the country. Hope this helps

BullDog

Postby BullDog » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 7:26 pm

You also have the option of teaching piano privately in your home or in the student's home.

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 2:00 pm

But where to start...I have a friend also very well verse in the music . Please give me more informations.

ivy0719

Postby ivy0719 » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 2:03 pm

i'm a Malaysian. i have Grade 8 piano in practical and Grade 5 in theory, can i work as a piano teacher in singapore ? Are they accept me ? is it very hard to find a work ? i also have a Diploma in Accounting when i study in Malaysia, will it help me and give me more benefit ?
pls advise, thanks :)

if can , can intro some of piano school to me ?
thanks you very much