Singapore Expats Forum

Working in Taipei

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

yan_26
Regular
Regular

Working in Taipei

Postby yan_26 » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 8:57 am

Anyone here like taiwan this country same as me?
Anyone work or live there b4?
V beatiful n scenery,foods r special,nice n creative.

But also bad in poltics,traffic n surrounding not so clean compare to
sg.But not affect me of going there.

Wish to ask some details of working in taipei...

I need to apply visa so can work there?But 1 of my frd say no need le.
Is it easy to get work permit?

:oops:
Love U Foerver !!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Working in Taipei!!

Postby ksl » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 2:07 am

yan_26 wrote:Anyone here like taiwan this country same as me?
Anyone work or live there b4?
V beatiful n scenery,foods r special,nice n creative.

But also bad in poltics,traffic n surrounding not so clean compare to
sg.But not affect me of going there.

Wish to ask some details of working in taipei...

I need to apply visa so can work there?But 1 of my frd say no need le.
Is it easy to get work permit?

:oops:

Well well well! hello again, yes I have lived in Taiwan for 4 years, working in the computer component industry for European importers. I am also married to a Taiwanese. My daughter was born at the bottom of Yang Ming Shan in Taipei, I will say that the Taiwanese do have a minimum wage of around 15000NT per month. It's a very exciting place with exciting and creative people.

Singapore is quite boring in comparison, and not in the same league, The opinion that education is everything is far from the trueth, if you wish to stagnate creativity, then Singapore is the place to do it. Status versus survival, who wins? It's surprising that in 40 years Singapore as yet to mature, and like the UK, the Rich inheritance passed down, from land deals and property, will eventually die out! what is left will be very little talent, with little experience and huge ego's, all part of lifes learning curve. Just my opinion, nothing really intentionally meant by it.
But what I have learnt in life is to keep my mouth shut, watch, and listen.

Being married to Chinese, that is raised in life to study, is quite a shocking reality check for me,. something that i would never wish to pass on to my children! Education is not the way forward, practical experience and multi training is. This Country needs to remove the blinkers, it's far to much like the UK, and the UK as been stagnated since the early 1800. The Empire was screwed by the aristocrats that run it, now it's pay back time. Why love your Country when there isn't a Country in the world, that cares for its people. Politicians are shit, bankers are shit, insurance agents are shit and the stockmarket founded by the UK is also a load of legalised shit, allowing the privillaged rouge traders, to scam the private investors at will, well organised and syncronised folly . It's only my opinion that the conspiracy of the privillaged few, will come to an end much sooner!

No richman inheritance to be passed down, to their double barrel named offsprings, in the future to come! survival is the name of the game is it not!