Singapore Expats Forum

Fresh graduate, want to come to Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Booboo

Fresh graduate, want to come to Singapore

Postby Booboo » Wed, 11 Aug 2004 4:15 am

Dear all,

I will be graduating from an American university next year, and want to relocate to Singapore to be with my boyfriend. I'm willing to make sacrifices and be persistent...how should I start to look for a job? Any tips and contacts are welcome.

Thanks.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:46 am

What did you graduate as???

To be an expat usually means you either ahve a lot of experieince or you are transfered by your company - The more rare occassions are whne you start your own business such as a bar, pub, scuba diving, etc place but you need capital for that.

I think it will also depend on wht your better half is doing and how well he will be connected here.

booboo

Postby booboo » Thu, 12 Aug 2004 4:41 am

I'll be graduating with a Bioengineering degree. I'm currently interning at a big pharma company in the US, and exploring possibilities to continue working for the company in Singapore...but it doesn't look hopeful. Any suggestions on how I could find a job? I know that Singapore is trying to promote its Biotech industry.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:46 am

booboo wrote:I'll be graduating with a Bioengineering degree. I'm currently interning at a big pharma company in the US, and exploring possibilities to continue working for the company in Singapore...but it doesn't look hopeful. Any suggestions on how I could find a job? I know that Singapore is trying to promote its Biotech industry.

Not my field sorry...

But I do know it may be easy to get a job without experience with such a qualification here - Anybody have contact details they can help her out with???