Singapore Expats Forum

urgently need info !!!!!!!

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

razor

urgently need info !!!!!!!

Postby razor » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 5:21 pm

hi everybody,

my packege is 3000 s$ per month.
is this ok for a family of 3(my wife,2 year old son and i)?

i am a marine engineer and want to settle on land with my family..

cheers,

razor

hillview2006
Regular
Regular

Postby hillview2006 » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 5:39 pm

Hi razor,

S$3000 nett?
minus rental - I have no idea how much is the rental of a 2 bedroom HDB appartment, for sure more than S$800. Meanwhile, for private appartment - S$1500 and above. Average utilities for 2room apartment S$130 (maybe) depending how much you use aircon really.

Add up all these :- rental + utilities + food ?? + transport + insurance + etc.. etc.. all these must take into account.

Good luck there!

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:13 am

Hey razor, unless you want to rent a room,.Hopefully no owner in the house ,better for you.

indianexpat

Postby indianexpat » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:23 am

hey..

u have'nt really mentioned your experience and the company..

but i think 3000p.m with a family to support.. not a good salary at all

U will hardly have any savings unless ur wife too is contributing to the household income...

all the best..do let us know wat decision u finally made :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 1:16 pm

razor

You indicate you are a marine engineer. What class? The post is rather misleading if you were a marine engineer 3rd class.

As far as being on land, you have not indicated the position being offered either. So it is entirely possible, without any elaboration from you, that 3000 is a reasonably good salary. (You will find that most engineers in Singapore start around 2500 to 2800/month - These are engineers with degrees B.Sc or better. If you are a Technician and work in the Maritime Marine sector, then you may well not be an "Engineer" with regard to land based occupations.

So, could you offer some clarification so that we may more accurately advise you. What you have received so far is from the rabble without a clue obviously. Whether or not the offer is suitable for a married person with child is immaterial as you are not paid on you personal circumstances but on the job and qualifications.

sms