Singapore Expats

Office hours Banking

Discuss the different banking options, rates, offers and perks.
Patrick777
Regular
Regular

Office hours Banking

Post by Patrick777 » Wed, 02 Aug 2006 1:08 am

I'm coming over subject to work permit and I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on Normal office hours for a NON support function working for a bank?

I hear that a lot of people work both Singaporean / European hours as it's the culture, is this a myth or maybe true?

I can quite clearly state now I will not be doing stupid hours so can anyone say? Am I already looking at trouble etc? I'm of the school if I get my job done in 42-44 hours why should I work 50+ just to be looking like I'm sat at my desk! 8(

jivintan
Regular
Regular

Bank hour

Post by jivintan » Wed, 02 Aug 2006 9:16 pm

Patrick777,

normal working hour is usually 830am - 530 pm or 9am - 6pm (depending on which dept). Singapore is well known for being regional processing centre so there's staff that are here but working on European hours (from mid afternoon - 2-3am).

I used to work in Operation Dept and worked from 830am - 10/11pm. After some time, I switched to European team to work from 3pm - 2 am.

It all depends on your dept and bank. Maybe you can PM me your working bank & dept and I try to ask for you from my ex-colleagues in the finance industry.

Thanks
Jivin