Singapore Expats Forum

Chinese from mainland?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
fishlittle

Postby fishlittle » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 3:03 pm

renter, you know quite a lot about China, are you chinese chinese too?

Yeah, it's right. The word 'mainland' is used to distinguish HK, Macau and Taiwan from the rest of China - the continent (or officially People's republic of China)..coz these 3 islands/regions were previously not under jurisdiction of PRC...however, Hk and Macau have been hand over to PRC as special administrative regions...taiwan you guys know the situation..

Indian from China? I have never seen or heard before during these years living in China:P

renter wrote:
freeme wrote:is there a "sideland" china or a "offland" China??
and why do you have to say.. mainland??
Can't you just have China.
does it have to be chinese ? can it be indian from mainland china?

People saying Mainland China and on the news is due to the politics. There are Taiwan, HongKong and Macau which are 3 outlaying islands that have a recent history. I assume you know about it.

It could be Indian, but you seldom see Indian or other races from there, though there are muslims who don't look like those from the ME.

fishlittle

Re: Chinese from mainland?

Postby fishlittle » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 3:06 pm

Sid,
我是福建人在新工作,来了快两年了。除了同事,认识不少朋友但是大都是中国人。:) 但是我不介意多认识一些中国的朋友:P 我还是想多说英文,但也不想,(我想也不会)忘了母语。

look4crystalfish@yahoo.com.sg

Sid wrote:嗨:

我是北京来的,在新加坡工作,来了有半年多的时间。来了以后认识了不少朋友,但大多数都是外国人,想多认识几个国内来的朋友(有时候实在不想说英语了 :D )请给我发邮件到sidneyjiang@hotmail.com