Singapore Expats

Holiday ideas?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Holiday ideas?

Post by La Di Da » Tue, 01 Aug 2006 4:46 pm

I have 10 days to travel somewhere in October, been to Thailand and India heaps so fancy somewhere different, any ideas for that time of year ?

Was toying with the idea of Cambodia or Myanmar but need to do some research, has anyone been, could recommend certain places to go and things to avoid?

Cheers,
:girl:

mlsk

visit seam reap

Post by mlsk » Wed, 02 Aug 2006 4:57 pm

10days? Now that's a grand luxury of time! You may want to visit the ancient ruins of angkor wat at seam reap. I spent about a week there and was thoroughly humbled by the experience. Imagine stepping on the grounds of a grand civilisation that rivaled the achievements of the best European cities at that time.....

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Post by guruvishwanath » Wed, 02 Aug 2006 9:12 pm

Hi W,

How are you? Long time no see or hear!!!

Recommend you hit Siam Reap in Cambodia. Or Bhutan. For that matter, even Myanmar. A friend of mine went to Myanmar and she had a good time. Apparently a beautiful place. The only downside is that you wont be able to take your mobile phone. :-)

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Thanks

Post by La Di Da » Thu, 03 Aug 2006 11:07 am

Thanks guys, appreciate your ideas!

Guru,
Would you mind asking your friend if it was easy to get around and plenty to see etc in Myanmar? I heard that it was quite a difficult place to backpack around and a bit restricted? perhaps you could PM me and let me know what she says? the idea of no mobile phone is very
appealing 8-)

Cheers,
:girl:

maco80

Bali and Phuket budget air going cheap!

Post by maco80 » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 10:46 pm

I recalled seeing an advertisement that Jetstar is going on sale for airfare to Bali and Phuket. Lovely beaches....10days! Im green with envy! :D