Singapore Expats Forum

Neil Humphreys

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ADH

Neil Humphreys

Postby ADH » Sat, 29 Jul 2006 4:40 pm

I have read all three of Neil Humphreys' Singapore books and found them excellent and I really wished I could be as adventurous as he is. I was at the doctors this week (as a sideline, I think Singaporean doctors are the best in the world, including the one I am about to mention) and I mentioned to the doctor that I had read all his books and I had learnt a lot about Singapore from them. I was surprised when he described them as 'trash'. Do you think so? Does anyone have any strong views on Neil Humphreys?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 29 Jul 2006 5:08 pm

Like most long time expat residents to this fair little isle, I think his is so full of shite he can't see straight. He was only here for 10 years and thinks because he lived in an HDB flat it was something special. There are quite a few of us around this red dot. Okay, fair enough, he was smart enough to cash in on it but I agree his books are rubbish.

Spunky
Regular
Regular

Postby Spunky » Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:24 pm

Have not read his books but I'm not impressed by his articles in TODAY. Quite trashy at times. Maybe that's why I have never bothered abt his books!

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sun, 30 Jul 2006 6:00 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Like most long time expat residents to this fair little isle, I think his is so full of shite he can't see straight. He was only here for 10 years and thinks because he lived in an HDB flat it was something special. There are quite a few of us around this red dot. Okay, fair enough, he was smart enough to cash in on it but I agree his books are rubbish.

For once I have to agree with someone on the board.
Be Like Water

Return to “General Discussions”