Singapore Expats Forum

SIA Cabin Crew 4 months Training

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
missy_a
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 28 Apr 2007

Postby missy_a » Sat, 26 May 2007 1:01 pm

hi.. can anyone share how many exams are there during the training? from wad i know, there's 1 exam after a mth of the foundation course. wad other exams are there after tat??

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Sat, 26 May 2007 11:31 pm

ntyj wrote:
12345 wrote:Hello...

Can anyone share on how STC actually looks like? For those who r wondering, i'm malaysian. So havent been to STC before. Haha! But i'm just so curious to find out! Cant seem to get hold of any pics of it on the web either.

Mind posting the link to sum pics of STC...if u all have them? Hows the design like...the building concept n stuff? :) Thanks!


normal office buiding kinda?
nothing special ...

12345...dono better k? den when u come here..everything will be fresh and new!


Haha! U've got ur point there too :) Things will be more exciting if i dunno so much. Hehe...

Coz changi is beautiful...so i was thinking if STC is the same anot. :lol:

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Postby buzzzybeebee » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 4:36 pm

Is there any experience flight steward/stewardess here who can advise if we r allowed to take leave during our probation (after 4 months training)??

Last week a lady called me up to inform me tat i cleared my medical check-up & to check when i can start training, she actually asked me if i hav any plans for travelling/holiday. But when i told her i'll be travelling in Nov, she said by then my training shld hav ended, so she's unable to answer my question since it's during my probation period.

But her question sounds as though we r allowed to take leave if we inform them earlier in advance. Can anyone advise??

User avatar
autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue, 17 Apr 2007

Postby autumn-reverie » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 4:12 pm

Hi,
i was reading the Grooming Standards Guide and it is written 'Spectacles are not allowed at any time.'
Just to double-check, is this rule also imperative during written tests and examinations, for eg. if i develop an eye-infection, would the company make an exception and allow me to wear specs during the course of the exam?

Thanks! :)

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Postby buzzzybeebee » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:43 am

autumn-reverie wrote:Hi,
i was reading the Grooming Standards Guide and it is written 'Spectacles are not allowed at any time.'
Just to double-check, is this rule also imperative during written tests and examinations, for eg. if i develop an eye-infection, would the company make an exception and allow me to wear specs during the course of the exam?

Thanks! :)


I think if it's due to medical reasons, should be ok bah?? If not, perhaps they'd ask you to come back for test another day?? Not sure oso, it's better to ask them directly...

User avatar
autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue, 17 Apr 2007

Postby autumn-reverie » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 2:51 pm

Hey buzzzybeebee,
i guess it should be a case by case basis too. Thanks for your reply! :D

Hero83
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon, 05 Mar 2007

Postby Hero83 » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:54 am

buzzzybeebee wrote:Is there any experience flight steward/stewardess here who can advise if we r allowed to take leave during our probation (after 4 months training)??

Last week a lady called me up to inform me tat i cleared my medical check-up & to check when i can start training, she actually asked me if i hav any plans for travelling/holiday. But when i told her i'll be travelling in Nov, she said by then my training shld hav ended, so she's unable to answer my question since it's during my probation period.

But her question sounds as though we r allowed to take leave if we inform them earlier in advance. Can anyone advise??


I think you can take leave in between after you graduate from your training and before you start flying officially.

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Postby buzzzybeebee » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 9:30 pm

Hero83 wrote:I think you can take leave in between after you graduate from your training and before you start flying officially.


Hmm... ok, if it's between this period, is there a need to apply for leave then? Cos it seems like we hav not even started flying yet. I'm not sure how the HR works in SIA, so kinda need ur help to explain further. :D

And also, normally how long is the gap between after our graduation & b4 we start flying officially??

Hero83
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon, 05 Mar 2007

Postby Hero83 » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:00 am

buzzzybeebee wrote:Hmm... ok, if it's between this period, is there a need to apply for leave then? Cos it seems like we hav not even started flying yet. I'm not sure how the HR works in SIA, so kinda need ur help to explain further. :D

And also, normally how long is the gap between after our graduation & b4 we start flying officially??


Yes, you need to apply leave. Once you've graduated, you will have your flight roster.

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Postby buzzzybeebee » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 9:40 am

Hero83 wrote:
buzzzybeebee wrote:Hmm... ok, if it's between this period, is there a need to apply for leave then? Cos it seems like we hav not even started flying yet. I'm not sure how the HR works in SIA, so kinda need ur help to explain further. :D

And also, normally how long is the gap between after our graduation & b4 we start flying officially??


Yes, you need to apply leave. Once you've graduated, you will have your flight roster.


Oh ic... hey, thnks so much. It really helps for prior travelling plans! :D

marlboro
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007

Postby marlboro » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 4:30 pm

does anyone knoes how much swimming there will be during the training? like for example the first swimming lesson or mock plane evacuation will start like after how long into training?

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed, 06 Jun 2007

Postby Eveningstar » Sun, 08 Jul 2007 11:16 pm

Do we fly immediately after we graduate (like the next working day)? or do we get a little break?

wawaa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed, 13 Jun 2007

First day of Training at STC

Postby wawaa » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 7:31 pm

Hey,

can anyone who already went thru the training care to provide me with some info on the grooming tips. I read thru the groomin guide and this is what I'm unsure of:

1. Full make up including appropriate nail polish
Since its first day of training, how wld we knoe wat kinda appropriate make-up n nail polish color. Will they give us leeway if everythin is wrong since they did not specifically specify the right color n make-up? Do we haf to put on the blue eye-shadow, red lipstick n nails?

2. Trainees with longhair tie it in a chignon
Does tat mean on day 1 itself, we gotta bun up our hair the right way?

3. Footwear
Is wedges allowed? Cause they did not mention anitin abt it but only heels of at least 1 to 1.5inches.

Hope someone can clarify my doubts yah...tks so much!

patterious
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri, 26 Jan 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby patterious » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 8:56 pm

dear wawaa,

fyi..
the 1st day of ur training, u dont need to wear their make up and paint their red nail colour until u attend to ur grooming class which is few days later after u in STC.

You also dont need to bun up ur hair on the first but maybe tie up to a pony tail makes u look neater and nicer.

For your footwear, u must wear something with heels. If u are still unsure what to wear, my advice is to wear court shoes just to play safe.

Hope this will cleared ur doubts. =)
-_-

User avatar
autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue, 17 Apr 2007

Postby autumn-reverie » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 9:37 pm

Hey wawaa!
how have you been dear? it's exactly as Patterious mentioned so don't worry! Looking forward to seeing you, dinah and eveningstar around STC for our makan date! :kiss:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests