Singapore Expats Forum

SIA Cabin Crew 4 months Training

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blancD » Sat, 07 Oct 2006 3:39 am

jencrs wrote:
blancD wrote:
escadagirl wrote:During training, can I apply for leave, say half day or even a few hours off? Cuz I have a test on a Sat, and apparently now Sat also has training. Please help. Thanks.

yes you're allowed to for certain reasons, don't fret too much you'll have lotsa days off during training k!! as long as your reason is valid, you will be given an allowance off. :D

U sure? afaik, SIA doesn't look kindly on anyone who misses training, esp group training, for any reasons other than on compassionate grounds. The best way around this is really to speak to the instructor in charge of that day's training and try to weedle a few unofficial hours off. If it's a slack fella then it shouldn't be a problem.

yes i'm very sure, besides its not really too much to ask just a few hours off because of an exam? :) i'm very sure escadagirl has a valid excuse.. lolx
besides she has other options of joining in a later batch if she always wants :)
"City of Ang3Ls"

aH`mOOn

Postby aH`mOOn » Sat, 14 Oct 2006 2:57 am

escadagirl wrote:During training, can I apply for leave, say half day or even a few hours off? Cuz I have a test on a Sat, and apparently now Sat also has training. Please help. Thanks.

In order to qualify for a leave during training you'll definitely need a very valid reason. If it's during test days or important training, (eg aircraft visits, SEP training) then you'll have to be pushed back to other batches. Meaning you won't be able to graduate with your own batchmates and it's a really heart wrenching thing. I promise you.

So please think carefully... Aniway you will know when you can or you can't take leave during certain stage of your training. Or feel free to consult any instructors in stc... Hope it helps... :)

bbkangaroo

Postby bbkangaroo » Thu, 26 Oct 2006 4:28 pm

For those who have been through the 4 months of training, appreciate if you could share with me what sort of trainings and lessons do they teach at STC.

I was reading another topic in this forum and came to know that other airlines like BA do conduct examinations on Mathematics, Algebra and stuff like that.

Please advise if SIA practices the same. Affirmatively, other than the grooming classes, kindly update me on what sort of other trainings do they provide.

Thank you!

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby toygirl » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 5:22 pm

Hahaha - Algebra in SQ?
Sorry had to laugh like crazy....
I would say as long as you have a pass in N level Maths you'll be fine - Know how to add, subtract, convert :P

So funny! :D

bbkangaroo

Postby bbkangaroo » Fri, 27 Oct 2006 5:26 pm

Hey, thanks Toygirl. Was kind of worried when I came to know that BA was conducting exams like these. Anyway, thanks for the reply and am glad you enjoyed it and had a good laugh :lol:

Rikkie

Postby Rikkie » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 2:28 pm

What if I have to go for an In-Camp Training for my reservist in the midst of the STC training? Do they allow you to go or do you have to defer?

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular

Postby anti_spy999 » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 3:04 pm

Rikkie wrote:What if I have to go for an In-Camp Training for my reservist in the midst of the STC training? Do they allow you to go or do you have to defer?

You will need to postpone your training. Singapore law states that national service reservist comes first. Protect the country... 8-)
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Postby blizz1209 » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 5:43 pm

Dear all,

Am starting my training soon.

Any1 mind telling me what r the things we need 2 buy/prepare?

Am pretty nervous abt the training. Is it tough?

Thanks in advance :D

Regards,
blizz

Luxe

4months training

Postby Luxe » Mon, 21 May 2007 4:40 am

Hi peeps,

I happen to browse through this old subject where many were asking about the 4 months training, would any who have been through the training, share with us, how is it like?

Is it very stressful?
Would anyone get kicked out during training?
Do we have to work on Saturdays?
Do the trainers check for our scars, weight, height again?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to know how's training like, am still waiting for my training dates... but am so anxious....Thanks !

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Re: 4months training

Postby ntyj » Mon, 21 May 2007 5:52 pm

Luxe wrote:Hi peeps,

I happen to browse through this old subject where many were asking about the 4 months training, would any who have been through the training, share with us, how is it like?

Is it very stressful?
Would anyone get kicked out during training?
Do we have to work on Saturdays?
Do the trainers check for our scars, weight, height again?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to know how's training like, am still waiting for my training dates... but am so anxious....Thanks !

jus go with the flow...time to play play hard! time to study...study hard lo..
im not sure abt the saturdays for the recent trainings....but i suppose stil nd to come bk on certain saturdays.....
overall training is fun...don keep taking mcs or do anything illegal or anything against ther rules and regulations..so they would not have grounds to kick u out of the contract bah??
trainers do constantly check weight and severe scars etc...
once knew a guy who got serious acne problem and have to be grounded for awhile...girls who got acccidental scars, if severe, has to be grounded til further notice too..
so yah..take gd care or urself during training....if every day is like every other normal day..everything shld be fine..
have fun!

Luxe

Training

Postby Luxe » Thu, 24 May 2007 8:38 pm

Is training tough?
How do their select who will be your buddy ?
Is training exactly going to be four mths? and heard that during the 3rd month, pay will be better?
Sorry for the "so" many queries.. :roll:

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Re: Training

Postby ntyj » Thu, 24 May 2007 9:39 pm

Luxe wrote:Is training tough?
How do their select who will be your buddy ?
Is training exactly going to be four mths? and heard that during the 3rd month, pay will be better?
Sorry for the "so" many queries.. :roll:

jus take it a fun lo...
buddy system i not so sure..but even so....will usualy be next one down the register ...

training is usaully 3 mths 1-2weeks only...which this include ur 4 training flights as well...
and why they say u get paid more from 3rd mth onwards is becos ur allowances for training flights will be coming in mah =) not alot..but definitely more den wad u get in first 2 mths...

jus ask me more if u wan......il try to answer.......

Luxe

Postby Luxe » Thu, 24 May 2007 10:06 pm

thank you so much, your replies really help to clear my doubts...

what is normally the salary range that a new trainee will fetch when start to fly? when do thy take the kebaya measurement, during training or towards the end?

Are the tests difficult to pass? :???:

Thank you so much for your reply..

Chatter
Chatter

Postby 12345 » Fri, 25 May 2007 2:35 am

Hello...

Can anyone share on how STC actually looks like? For those who r wondering, i'm malaysian. So havent been to STC before. Haha! But i'm just so curious to find out! Cant seem to get hold of any pics of it on the web either.

Mind posting the link to sum pics of STC...if u all have them? Hows the design like...the building concept n stuff? :) Thanks!

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Postby ntyj » Fri, 25 May 2007 7:24 am

12345 wrote:Hello...

Can anyone share on how STC actually looks like? For those who r wondering, i'm malaysian. So havent been to STC before. Haha! But i'm just so curious to find out! Cant seem to get hold of any pics of it on the web either.

Mind posting the link to sum pics of STC...if u all have them? Hows the design like...the building concept n stuff? :) Thanks!

normal office buiding kinda?
nothing special ...

12345...dono better k? den when u come here..everything will be fresh and new!