Singapore Expats Forum

SIA Cabin Crew 4 months Training

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Astroboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2006
Location: Singapore

SIA Cabin Crew 4 months Training

Postby Astroboy » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 5:57 pm

Anybody care to share their experience in the 4 months training?

Funny encounters, difficult challenges, funny people....

1) Do people still get kicked out during the training?

2) How different is A380 training....heard it's 8m high for water confidence???

3) How much swimming is there? Need to swim without life vest?

TeaHouse
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2006

Re: SIA Cabin Crew 4 months Training

Postby TeaHouse » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 8:02 pm

Astroboy wrote:Anybody care to share their experience in the 4 months training?

Funny encounters, difficult challenges, funny people....

1) Do people still get kicked out during the training?

2) How different is A380 training....heard it's 8m high for water confidence???

3) How much swimming is there? Need to swim without life vest?


yes, if u dun pass their tests

not ur concern, not cover in fleet training aniway

not much....juz an afternoon. no, u always have life vest on.

Astroboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2006
Location: Singapore

huh?

Postby Astroboy » Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:52 am

what do you mean by not my concern?
and not covered in fleet training?

which one u referring to?
the airbus training?

TeaHouse
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2006

Re: huh?

Postby TeaHouse » Mon, 31 Jul 2006 9:27 pm

Astroboy wrote:what do you mean by not my concern?
and not covered in fleet training?

which one u referring to?
the airbus training?


ur 4month training only train u for 744 and 777. so 380 is not really ur concern.aniway they will brief u.

Astroboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2006
Location: Singapore

oh really?

Postby Astroboy » Tue, 01 Aug 2006 11:55 am

oh icic..that's for existing training right?

over the next few years, they should by my belief gradually phase out the current training for these 2 aircaraft types,
and slowly introduce more 787s, A350 and A380 training...
as those are the new generation of fleet to replace existing and to add upon current strength...

with so many different planes, will indeed be a challenge to teach us everything....

reef
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed, 09 Aug 2006

Postby reef » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 2:13 am

hi...
can someone who have already gone thru the 4 mths training... explain more in detail on the breakdown of the training?? just to get myself prepared.. heard that during the training, we are required to fly too..just that we will have a "trainee" badge on us... can someone pls share.. Thanks alot!

Punkman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 11 Aug 2006

training

Postby Punkman » Fri, 11 Aug 2006 6:35 pm

the training at stc covers a lot and be prepared to take some tests. Don't worry too much about the tests though because you may retake them once if you fail. Do study hard for the tests because the passing requirements are high!

You should go on your first training flight after about close to 3 months of training. altogether during the 4 months you will go on 4 flights. After that, the much anticipated graduation ceremony! Try to get your batch mates to prepare for it early as it gets quite busy towards the end of training

At stc, just don't forget your Ps and Qs, smile and be nice to everyone including the cleaners and you should do fine. =)

jsamills
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 28 Oct 2005

Postby jsamills » Fri, 18 Aug 2006 6:17 am

emm u get to embark on training flts as a SNY crew(supernumeracy crew)
there u must really hands on and start to do some work la.. dun juz stand n observe. Be humble, always smile, and have a great attitude u b able to smooth it out.. it quite fun actually.. I had fun during my SNY, it is exciting as well as nerve-wrecking, i remeber i cant sleep before the flight.

jsamills
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 28 Oct 2005

Re: oh really?

Postby jsamills » Fri, 18 Aug 2006 6:22 am

Astroboy wrote:oh icic..that's for existing training right?

over the next few years, they should by my belief gradually phase out the current training for these 2 aircaraft types,
and slowly introduce more 787s, A350 and A380 training...
as those are the new generation of fleet to replace existing and to add upon current strength...

with so many different planes, will indeed be a challenge to teach us everything....



I dun thk they will phase out 777 cos it has the most no. in the exisitng fleet..(the 777-200,200er,200A and 300) but i thk they will phase out the 744 becos it is quite old already now SQ is looking forward for the arrival of the 777-300ER.. so i guess it wld be additional training for those trained for this fleet.. as for the 380s,350 and 787s i thk they will sitll select different teams to operate it. Not all pple will be trained

Tomatoe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 22 Aug 2006
Contact:

Training days.....

Postby Tomatoe » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:00 pm

Hi guys,

juz wanna ask how many days in a wk does the training take place and how long? :)

ntyj
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2006

Re: Training days.....

Postby ntyj » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 3:46 am

Tomatoe wrote:Hi guys,

juz wanna ask how many days in a wk does the training take place and how long? :)


office hrs? five days a week?

escadagirl
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 07 May 2006

Postby escadagirl » Wed, 04 Oct 2006 7:04 am

During training, can I apply for leave, say half day or even a few hours off? Cuz I have a test on a Sat, and apparently now Sat also has training. Please help. Thanks.

shrapnel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon, 28 Aug 2006

Postby shrapnel » Fri, 06 Oct 2006 7:17 pm

escadagirl,as far as i am concern u cant take any leave during training..
correct me if i am wrong

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:55 am

escadagirl wrote:During training, can I apply for leave, say half day or even a few hours off? Cuz I have a test on a Sat, and apparently now Sat also has training. Please help. Thanks.


yes you're allowed to for certain reasons, don't fret too much you'll have lotsa days off during training k!! as long as your reason is valid, you will be given an allowance off. :D
"City of Ang3Ls"

jencrs
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby jencrs » Sat, 07 Oct 2006 2:43 am

blancD wrote:
escadagirl wrote:During training, can I apply for leave, say half day or even a few hours off? Cuz I have a test on a Sat, and apparently now Sat also has training. Please help. Thanks.


yes you're allowed to for certain reasons, don't fret too much you'll have lotsa days off during training k!! as long as your reason is valid, you will be given an allowance off. :D


U sure? afaik, SIA doesn't look kindly on anyone who misses training, esp group training, for any reasons other than on compassionate grounds. The best way around this is really to speak to the instructor in charge of that day's training and try to weedle a few unofficial hours off. If it's a slack fella then it shouldn't be a problem.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: susuchubby and 1 guest