What type of permit do I need ?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply

What type of permit do I need ?

Post by Guest » Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:36 am


I haven't found any information on work permits/passes relevant to my particular situation on the Singapore government websites, so I thought I'd ask here.

I'm a British Citizen looking to work on a short assignment (4-6 months) in Singapore. This would happen by remaining an employee of my UK-registered company/accounting vehicle, which gets paid by a UK-based agency, which in turn gets paid by the Singapore-based customer. The customer is an Investment Bank, the industry is IT consulting, if that's relevant.

This set-up doesn't seem to be covered by Singaporean "work permit" legislation, and the "professional pass" system doesn't seem to apply either because I'm not a public performer.

What permit would I need and how do I apply for it ?

User avatar
Posts: 3004
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 9:38 pm
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:27 pm

Instead of waffling about with work permits, can you get your Singaporean customer to sponsor you for a long-term business visa? If your salary is being paid by a UK company, you probably wouldn't even be breaking the law by doing so.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests