Singapore Expats

Current Lebanon Crisis

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.

The Curretn LEbanon Crisis

Israel is overreacting
56%
Israel is doing the right thing
33%
To early to tell
11%

Total votes: 18

briceloh
Chatter
Chatter

Post by briceloh » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 8:16 am

chicago11 wrote:Honesty would be a good start instead of 'nuking' everyone, don't you agree? Before He sorts everyone out, He will have to sort out the good guys from the bad guys.
Who is "He"? Does being honest makes you a good guy? What about ethics and morals?
IBMing

Answers?
Regular
Regular

Post by Answers? » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 10:03 am

chicago11 wrote:Honesty would be a good start instead of 'nuking' everyone, don't you agree? Before He sorts everyone out, He will have to sort out the good guys from the bad guys.
#-o You haven't had your coffee yet have you?

What do you think sorting everyone out means? Honesty? From whom? :roll:

chicago11

Post by chicago11 » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 3:52 pm

'God' in every religious text is invariably referred to as a 'He' and if you go back and re-read what someone has stated previously in regards to 'nuking them all' I mean prior to my response then you will comprehend who and what I am referring to.

Honesty does make a person a 'good guy' at least he/she/one is better than a dishonest person. Besides. being truthful is a basic tenet of every religion in case it has slipped your notice/mind.

You cannot commence a topic as sensitive as this one without being honest to start with. It is uselee to beat about the bush and make silly little statements without any substance to them and hope the result would be very constuctive. Say what you think and feel regarding this crisis honestly and then may be then we can have an intelligent grown up discussion regarding this unfortunate event in the ME, folks.

I know the moderators and some old biddies over here are extremely officious and oppressive but they should not stop you from expressing yourselves freely and openly about anything, should they? :roll:

I rest my case...

Answers?
Regular
Regular

Post by Answers? » Sat, 05 Aug 2006 9:12 pm

chicago11 wrote:
'God' in every religious text is invariably referred to as a 'He' and if you go back and re-read what someone has stated previously in regards to 'nuking them all' I mean prior to my response then you will comprehend who and what I am referring to.

Honesty does make a person a 'good guy' at least he/she/one is better than a dishonest person. Besides. being truthful is a basic tenet of every religion in case it has slipped your notice/mind.

You cannot commence a topic as sensitive as this one without being honest to start with. It is uselee to beat about the bush and make silly little statements without any substance to them and hope the result would be very constuctive. Say what you think and feel regarding this crisis honestly and then may be then we can have an intelligent grown up discussion regarding this unfortunate event in the ME, folks.

I know the moderators and some old biddies over here are extremely officious and oppressive but they should not stop you from expressing yourselves freely and openly about anything, should they? :roll:

I rest my case...
You haven't made any case........yet.

Interesting POV considering most of the posts I've read from you so far only condemn others on the board. What is your take here? How do you know that that isn't my "Honest Opinion"? I've alread said I have no great love for either side. Sort out the good from the bad? Can you? If so.....

.....let's hear it. Who do YOU think is good or bad here? I've already stated my opinion that both sides are bad. So therefore let God sort 'em out as he sees fit. Come on.....give me some "Answers?"

oystereggs

Post by oystereggs » Sun, 06 Aug 2006 4:39 pm

Bafana wrote:Well now that they have killed some UN workers surely there should be an intervention - Should have been one before anyway in my opinion.

This sort of thing is what keeps world instability goign as we are not talking nation against nation but a nation picking a fight with a sub group of anthoer nation. How to control?
Can you ever decide whose life is more precious and worth saving in a situation like this? Are the lives of UN workers more precious than the 1000s of Lebanese people who have been killed since this atrocity began?

The UN workers were positioned there for a reason but for the Lebanese people it was their home. They had every right to be there.

Answers?
Regular
Regular

Post by Answers? » Sun, 06 Aug 2006 6:18 pm

Aren't the Hezbollahs Lebanese as well?

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Sun, 06 Aug 2006 8:11 pm

Violence begets violence - Just heard from my mom that an Israel national got beat to death in Sydeny over the weekend apparantly by some Lebanese Australians.
Be Like Water

briceloh
Chatter
Chatter

Post by briceloh » Sun, 06 Aug 2006 8:20 pm

Bafana wrote:Violence begets violence - Just heard from my mom that an Israel national got beat to death in Sydeny over the weekend apparantly by some Lebanese Australians.
Sad isn't it? How the people suffers because of the policies governments make...
IBMing

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Mon, 07 Aug 2006 11:31 pm

chicago11 wrote:I know the moderators and some old biddies over here are extremely officious and oppressive but they should not stop you from expressing yourselves freely and openly about anything, should they? :roll:
You haven't been in Singapore very long, now have you? :cool:

But seriously, this is the Strictly Speaking forum, where us extremely officious and oppressive moderators get to goose-step around in our jackboots, yell "Achtung! Ordnung!" a lot and dish out the rattan cane to any splittist quitters who do not cooperate in forum-building towards a prosperous, harmonious, multicultural Singapore Expats where foreign talents of all races and employment passes live together in harmony.

So, um, stay on topic -- and I'll follow my own advice and shut up now.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

chicago11

Post by chicago11 » Tue, 08 Aug 2006 12:21 am

jpatokal wrote:
chicago11 wrote:I know the moderators and some old biddies over here are extremely officious and oppressive but they should not stop you from expressing yourselves freely and openly about anything, should they? :roll:
You haven't been in Singapore very long, now have you? :cool:

But seriously, this is the Strictly Speaking forum, where us extremely officious and oppressive moderators get to goose-step around in our jackboots, yell "Achtung! Ordnung!" a lot and dish out the rattan cane to any splittist quitters who do not cooperate in forum-building towards a prosperous, harmonious, multicultural Singapore Expats where foreign talents of all races and employment passes live together in harmony.

So, um, stay on topic -- and I'll follow my own advice and shut up now.
How did you know I have not been long here? I think you are drunk JProtocol. I did not mean to be so aggressive you know.

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Dounut » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 4:57 pm

The problem is, people keeping holding on to those grudges & hatred, refused to let go & move on with life. :roll:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 4:26 pm

earthfriendly wrote:
Answers? wrote:It only takes one loose cannon as the story goes. (Like GWB for instance)

Or the guy in N.Korea or the guy in Iran. Or the India Pakistan border. What safety measures are in place to prevent one nutcase from starting a chain reaction? Witness the latest missile tests in Korea (why do they need two stage rockets?) Why does Iran need nuclear power so badly (that can also produce weapons grade plutonium)? Why does N.Korea need enriched Uranium so badly? No body wants to see it but it could happen if we don't find some "Answers?"
I understand where you are coming from and there's so much truth to it. Reminds me of the global warming documentary that I watched on Discovery yesterday. We all know it is happening and accelerated by our consumption behaviours. However, there's no effort taken on a global basis to combat it.
We people are insignificant in a cosmos so large and mathimatically perfect, what keeps the earth in place are the magnetic forces outside in the solar system.

Gods creation is larger than, man, man is but a pawn, between good and evil, with life prolonging itself, and reproducing itself, there comes a time, when self destruction is inevitable, we have all seen the changes in the eco system, which will cause the distruction of mankind.

There can only be one god! no matter how many race's of people. Yet the followers and preachers of life, is but the ego of the I wants, and I need, and like lambs to the slaughter thou shall follow, those that have manipulated the destruction of themselves.

The rath of god is but a wave of a hand, the human is but a part of the big picture, connected by the spinal coloum, one throws a stone (create an action) to see a reaction. the creation of mankind is self destructive, for the purpose of good, like fertiliser on a plant!

Ashes to ashes dust, to dust, humans cannot and will not be allowed to inflict damage on the cosmos, gods creation is so perfect, we will all return to the ground, so the solar system can heal itself.

Ever since humans entered the earth,, the sadists, murderers, sex offenders, and wars, are all part and parcel of Evil v's Good

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon

The way I see it, is the big movie continues, we all have to make our peace or come back and face the consequences, could that be rebirth until our dying days.

Faith, destiny is it, it helps no matter how the book of god, is changed by those that manipulate the good book for their own advancement and power, we come with nothing and go with nothing, your families will still feel the greed.

The weak shall inherit the earth! what goes around comes around! So enjoy it while you can and be good! :cool: Avoid those goose stepping moderators :D :P