Singapore Expats Forum

PR application processing time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tobeexpat

PR application processing time

Postby tobeexpat » Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:47 pm

Hi, guys. I have applied for PR, and it's been about a month since I submitted the forms. I've heard that these days people get their pr approval within 4 to 6 weeks.. So, I'm a bit worried.

Could you guys tell me how long it took for you to receive an APPROVAL or a REJECTION for your PR applicaton? Does rejection usually take longer than an approval? I'd appreciate your inputs.

Sincerely,

Godmode

Postby Godmode » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 6:00 pm

Processing Time for PR as per ICA website is 3 months.

So relax and dont listen to people especially those who spread unncessary rumours and panic. :o ..You will find that they know lil about it and sometimes never even applied for a PR.

It all depends on application and number of applications they received during the time.

Just hope for the best and good luck.

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Re: PR application processing time

Postby brifusg » Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:12 am

tobeexpat wrote:Hi, guys. I have applied for PR, and it's been about a month since I submitted the forms. I've heard that these days people get their pr approval within 4 to 6 weeks.. So, I'm a bit worried.

Could you guys tell me how long it took for you to receive an APPROVAL or a REJECTION for your PR applicaton? Does rejection usually take longer than an approval? I'd appreciate your inputs.

Sincerely,

It takes upto 3 months, so please be patient. I think there is a hotline you can call to check your application status. Do check it out in ICA website.

As far as I know, rejection doesn't take longer than approval. You will know the result (yes/no) within 3 months.

Good luck.

tobeexpat

Re

Postby tobeexpat » Tue, 25 Jul 2006 3:39 pm

Hey thanks,,, I know it takes up to 3 months, but in reality, I heard it takes a lot less. Can anyone share your own experience? Thanks.

furrycake

Re: PR application processing time

Postby furrycake » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 1:32 pm

brifusg wrote:It takes upto 3 months, so please be patient. I think there is a hotline you can call to check your application status. Do check it out in ICA website.

As far as I know, rejection doesn't take longer than approval. You will know the result (yes/no) within 3 months.

Good luck.

yeah usually takes 3 - 6 mths as PR application would take longer time to process. hmm i posted a similar topic but seems no reply from anyone here :-s

and now looking at this topic, somehow all making sense already. my hubby and i have waited for 7 weeks and still no reply from ICA pertaining to the LTSVP's application. i guess a little patience would pay and yeah good luck tobeexpat :)

tobeexpat

LPR

Postby tobeexpat » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 1:38 pm

Thanks. In fact, I've applied for LPR. It's been about 6 weeks since I submitted; I've got no answer. I envy those who got their results in a month. Good luck to you, too.

BTW, does SMC normally notify you by email before ICA sends the result to you??

furrycake

Re: LPR

Postby furrycake » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 1:42 pm

tobeexpat wrote:Thanks. In fact, I've applied for LPR. It's been about 6 weeks since I submitted; I've got no answer. I envy those who got their results in a month. Good luck to you, too.

BTW, does SMC normally notify you by email before ICA sends the result to you??

Hahaha.. I guess we both applied for long term and this is why it's taking much longer than the norm, say 4 weeks as per stated in the ICA webby. Perhaps those who got it faster had applied for shorter terms?

I understand how you feel because my hubby and I are worried but now, I suddenly recalled the looooong queues at ICA office when we submitted the docs :o , it makes even more sense now :lol:

Mine is just pending from the ICA's side as it's based on the fact that I'm his local sponsor. Same thing.. have to be notified by post ..

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Dont worry too much and shall hope for the best okay ? :)

tobeexpat

Postby tobeexpat » Wed, 26 Jul 2006 6:59 pm

thanks, furrycake :D Do let me know if you hear from ICA. I'll do the same. My fingers are crossed for yours, too.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 4:32 pm

1 month 1 week here. Hang in there! 3 months is peanuts compared to Canadian PR - took them 2 years 8 months to tell me my English is not good enough :roll:

Taking IELTS soon...

Then it might take them another year to give me the green or red light.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

tobeexpat

Postby tobeexpat » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 6:28 pm

1 month and 1 week? That's what I had hoped for!!! Why is it taking longer for me?? I am thinking of going to Singapore immediately after my LPR is granted. I know, 3 months is not too bad, but I can't help being apprehensive...

tobeexpat

Postby tobeexpat » Tue, 01 Aug 2006 5:00 pm

Ahh~~~ 7 weeks have passed since submission of PR application. No result yet. Am I the only one here?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 01 Aug 2006 7:14 pm

tobeexpat wrote:Ahh~~~ 7 weeks have passed since submission of PR application. No result yet. Am I the only one here?

From the prior posts, apparently you are not the only one but you do seem to worry a lot. Have you called ICA as suggested?

hillview2006
Regular
Regular

Postby hillview2006 » Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:34 pm

tobeexpat,

I have no idea what's LPR. We(my husband & me) got our PR in August 2003 just before we got posting to KL. We received the result 4 weeks later(by letter) but our friend got their result much later ( almost 3mth) although we submitted our application together.

So no worries there.... hope all the best!

kyawzawlin2006

Postby kyawzawlin2006 » Sat, 15 Aug 2009 9:44 pm

Last edited by kyawzawlin2006 on Mon, 01 Oct 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zaw

ironandwine

Postby ironandwine » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 9:42 pm

Anyone know the hotline number? Can't seem to find it on the website and wouldn't mind checking up on my status. Thanks!