Singapore Expats

Information on CPF (Central Provident Fund)

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
scotty12

tax question

Post by scotty12 » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 4:10 pm

Sorry if this has already been answered, but are sums taxed when withdrawn from cpf balance? I.e., payment of mortgage, or renouncement of PR?

ebiburger

Post by ebiburger » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:53 pm

Sums are not taxed when you withdraw it from your cpf balance for usage of mortgage or education payment. If you renounce your PR, your CPF account will still be there. If you fulfil the conditions for withdrawal of the full sum from your CPF Account, your CPF will be used to pay off any outstanding tax liabilities. Otherwise, it will not be taxed at all.

By the way, if anyone has any questions with regards to CPF can post them here or send me a message(I may not visit this thread often) and I will try to answer them accordingly to the best of my knowledge. I have previously worked in CPF Board and hence I should be able to answer most of the questions

ylc5538

Post by ylc5538 » Wed, 26 Dec 2012 2:18 pm

Hi,

Can anyone let me know how long will i receive my funds? I have do the submission on 13-Dec, but till now still pending which i tried to login CPF portal, my account is still there and pending processing.

Kindly please share with me your experience for the processing time.

Thanks,

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Dec 2012 3:20 pm

Are you speaking as an employer or as an employee trying to see if your CPF has been credited to your personal account?

If you are an employer, did you use GIRO or Manual submission?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ylc5538

Post by ylc5538 » Wed, 26 Dec 2012 3:40 pm

Hi,

I am referring to the cpf withdrawal for employee, and it is for the west malaysia (east malaysia PR) leaving ground of singapore.

I am submitting via online cpf portal. But i went down to cpf board at robinson road, on 13-Dec to submit the actual original copy due to lack of supporting document during the first time submission for me on early Dec.

Thanks,

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Dec 2012 3:51 pm

ylc5538 wrote:Hi,

I am referring to the cpf withdrawal for employee, and it is for the west malaysia (east malaysia PR) leaving ground of singapore.

I am submitting via online cpf portal. But i went down to cpf board at robinson road, on 13-Dec to submit the actual original copy due to lack of supporting document during the first time submission for me on early Dec.

Thanks,
Based on my reading, if you have submitted 2 times instead of mailing the requested documents only, you may have thrown a spanner into the works with two applications. So, at this point, I would hesitate to try to give you any time frame at all as spanners in the works tend to get hung up. You may need to make another trip to ICA to get is sorted out.
Q: Can I withdraw my CPF if I am leaving Singapore and West Malaysia permanently? If so, what do I need to do?

[ Your Retirement Savings And Withdrawals > CPF Withdrawals on Other Grounds > Withdrawal of CPF on Grounds of Leaving Singapore & West Malaysia Permanently ]
A:
You may withdraw your CPF in full if you have left Singapore and West Malaysia permanently with no intention of returning to either country for employment or residence.

You may apply for withdrawal online under my cpf Online Services - My Requests if you have a SingPass. Alternatively, you can also complete the application form CPF-LM and mail it to us.

To support your application, please mail us photocopies of the relevant supporting documents (as stated on the application form) which must be certified by a Notary Public or an official from Singapore High Commission.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ylc5538

Post by ylc5538 » Wed, 26 Dec 2012 4:19 pm

Hi,

The whole story is like this.

I make a trip down to do the 1st submission on early Dec, which cpf board wrote me an email about 1 wk+, and they mentioned that my application was unable to proceed due to lack of document, and i requested them to put on hold for me,

So, i prepared the relevant document again, and re-submit personally at cpf board robinson road, and this time i mentioned to the relevant officer's name, and get them to pass it to him. Everything went smoothly.

However, till now i did not receive any call or email from them yet. It is 9th day since my last submission. I login via singpass to cpf website, and check it was still pending processing. So, wonder is it still early for me to check the status or, by right i should see something at the portal or portal for my acct should close?

Appreciate for your advice. Thx

T

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Dec 2012 4:55 pm

As long as its says pending, I wouldn't worry to much. I don't know how long it normally takes as, to be honest, I've never had an employee from West Malaysia want to leave and withdraw their CPF. For most withdrawal cases where PR has been given up, it can take 2 to 4 weeks. As things are a little more sticky with EPF/CPF issues between M'sia & Singapore I'd not worry unless it went beyond 4 weeks. But I don't think I would worry too much up to that point.

ylc5538

Post by ylc5538 » Wed, 26 Dec 2012 5:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Think i have to wait if more than 4 weeks, probably will call or make a visit to cpf board to further check. However, if others experienced before, feel free to write and let me know.

Thanks,

makoy

EP holder withdrawing CPF

Post by makoy » Fri, 17 May 2013 3:22 pm

I'm an EP holder and renounced PR last 2011. After renouncing, my employer applied for my EP immediately which is now I'm currently holding and did not withdraw my CPF since then.

But now things change, can I withdraw my CPF without affecting my EP? I mean, will my EP get cancelled if I have withdrawn my CPF? Not sure if this true. Anyone with same experience? Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple

Re: EP holder withdrawing CPF

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 May 2013 5:00 pm

makoy wrote:I'm an EP holder and renounced PR last 2011. After renouncing, my employer applied for my EP immediately which is now I'm currently holding and did not withdraw my CPF since then.

But now things change, can I withdraw my CPF without affecting my EP? I mean, will my EP get cancelled if I have withdrawn my CPF? Not sure if this true. Anyone with same experience? Thanks!
In theory, no. No anecdotal evidence to the contrary either. However, you will stuff any chances in the future of regaining PR. Additionally, you may find your EP renewal could be difficult to renew later. But again, nothing firm to give to you.

himanshuoiltrader

Re: Information on CPF (Central Provident Fund)

Post by himanshuoiltrader » Thu, 16 Mar 2017 5:35 pm

Hi, I am Indian, I was a PR earlier , lost my job and I had to leave singapore. I am now based in Kuala Lumpur, if I withdraw CPF now and later if I get a job in Singapore will my EP application affected ?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Mar 2017 5:45 pm

Theoretically, no. Possible, yes.

himanshu_4

Post by himanshu_4 » Thu, 16 Mar 2017 7:00 pm

thanks a lot.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Information on CPF (Central Provident Fund)

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:43 pm

himanshu_4 wrote:thanks a lot.
You still haven't withdrawn your CPF ? ;)