Singapore Expats

Information on Permanent Residence

Do you have a question about National Service (NS) in Singapore? Discuss it here.
Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Information on Permanent Residence

Post by Pal » Mon, 09 Aug 2004 9:04 pm

Please read before posting

Information attached below:

Application For Permanent Residence

» Overview
» Eligibility
» Documents Required
» Procedure
» Fees
» Processing Time
» National Service Liability
» Additional Information
» Peak Periods to Avoid

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=151&secid=150

Please visit Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority for more information.
Last edited by Pal on Wed, 10 Dec 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Post by Guest » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 2:00 am

good job

Singapore Government e-services

Post by Guest » Sat, 14 May 2005 3:47 pm

Singapore Government e-services

www.ecitizen.gov.sg

your one-stop service centre.

hjbf

PR status and NS

Post by hjbf » Thu, 19 May 2005 7:50 pm

I found this and it seems a bit unclear, Please see teh items in bold and underlined also. They seem to contradict each other, am I missing something?

National Service Liability
Under the Enlistment Act, all male Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents are liable for National Service (NS) upon reaching 16 years old. They are required to serve 2 years of full-time National Service (NSF), followed by 40 days of Operationally Ready National Service (NS) per year till the age of 50 years (for officers) or 40 years (for other ranks).

Main applicants who are granted SPR status under the first generation Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers (PTS) Scheme or the Investor Scheme are exempted from NS. Male children who are granted SPR status under their parents' application are liable for NS upon reaching 16 years old.

Male ex-Singapore Citizens and ex-Singapore Permanent Residents who are granted SPR status are liable to be called up for NS regardless of the type of SPR status they are granted.

tarsier

National Service

Post by tarsier » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 1:59 pm

Hi,

on the topic of National Service, my boyfriend is Filipino. He is 25 y.o. When he gain SPR status, is he required to enlist for NS?
Thanks!

mairaj

Post by mairaj » Wed, 13 Sep 2006 1:15 am

HI,

Can anyone tell me about the procedure of applying for PR after having EP for about 2 years................Please advise who to contact...
Hi,
I am a business man doing my own business for quite some time, now I want to expand and open my business in singapore. Please advise in details what are requirments and procedures of doing that.

Best Regards,
mairaj

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:09 am

www.ica.gov.sg
www.mom.gov.sg

First generation SPRs don't do NS.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bunty » Wed, 24 Jan 2007 9:45 pm

one of the docvuments asked is income tax notice assessment for 3 years

i have been in sg only for one year. do i have to submit from my previous country or is this to be submitted for those who were assesed for SG income tax...

mesquite_tx1

Re: Information on Permanent Resident

Post by mesquite_tx1 » Fri, 09 Mar 2007 3:47 pm

[quote="Pal"][u][b]Please read before posting[/b][/u]

Information attached below:

[color=darkblue][b]Application For Permanent Residence[/b][/color]

[list][*]Procedure
[*]Documents Required
[*]Fees
[*]Processing Time
[*]National Service Liability[/list][hr]
[web]http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_pr/per_res/app_for_pr.asp[/web]
Please visit [url=http://app.ica.gov.sg/]Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority[/url] for more information.[/quote]

Please note also you are automatically opted-in for HOTA (Human Organ Transplant Act). Quoted from Ministry of Health: ALL Singapore citizens and [b]PERMANENT RESIDENTS[/b] will have their organs removed in the event of death for the purpose of transplantation ([web]http://www.moh.gov.sg/corp/systems/organ/hota/faqs.do[/web]).

Please remember to sign the [b]opt-out[/b] form ([web]http://www.moh.gov.sg/cmaweb/attachment ... 020704.pdf[/web]). If you do not opt-out, in the event that you pass away in singapore, your organs will be forcibly removed and police may be involved to restrain or detain any family member who tries to object the removal of your internal body parts.

Actual case of Organ "Robbery" in singapore can be found on this site [web]http://matrixisland.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... -want.html[/web].

wilson5829

what if i cancel my PR

Post by wilson5829 » Wed, 14 Mar 2007 6:46 pm

Can anyone tell me if i cancel my PR status can i still get my PR status back?
i am a student with a PR status but i am scared if i cant take my PR back after
canceling it.As i am goin for further studies,i cant attend the National Service.
Can u all gimme some ideas? thanks^^

-confused :???:
bla bla bla

Edmundfo

Renouncing PR

Post by Edmundfo » Wed, 16 May 2007 5:32 am

To wilson5829:

You should think twice about renouncing Singapore Permanent Residency! If you later decide you want to come back and work in Singapore getting a new PR or Work Permit may be very difficult, as Singaporean authorities apparently view renouncing ones PR as some kind of betrayal. I have heard some disturbing stories about students getting into pretty deep shit because of this. They are required to pay back their bonds because they cannot work in Singapore as the agreement was.

cerealkiller

Post by cerealkiller » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 1:17 am

9 mths ago i've applied for my wife (pregnant 2mths) for a Long term social visit pass and was rejected and given 6mths. 6mths passed and I re-applied again and got rejected and was given 1mth. by then we've already have a baby girl.

A few weeks after applying for a long term social visit pass, I applied PR status for her, giving them our daughter's birth cert., as I am self-employed, I have all the relevant documents. And now I am afraid her PR application will be rejected as well. (if they've rejected her LTSVP application, whats there to stop them from rejecting the PR application)

Sorry guys, I'm just upset cos' it seems to me that Singapore does not want us around despite calls for having more babies, the rules are extremely weird here.

tanyna

Apply PR

Post by tanyna » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 9:44 pm

I have started working in Singapore since 12/2007 and plan to apply PR end of 2008. I also plan to get married end of this year and want to apply PR for her after I get it.But someone tell me that it should be more easier for me and her to get PR if we apply PR at the same time after we got married already. at present, she is not stay in Singapore and we want to apply PR for her so that she can come here I find job in Singapore. Normaly I think I should have PR first after that I can apply for my wife, if I dont have how can I app for both. It makes me confuse alot. Pls advice me if someone know. thanks alot
Never Stop Moving Forward

splendioria

Post by splendioria » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 1:25 pm

By first generation singapore PRs, does that mean the ones who made the application to be a PR? Additionally, with PR applications, does it become invalid if you do not live in Singapore for extended periods of time (around say 2 years)?

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 9:25 pm

splendioria wrote:By first generation singapore PRs, does that mean the ones who made the application to be a PR?
Yes.
Additionally, with PR applications, does it become invalid if you do not live in Singapore for extended periods of time (around say 2 years)?
After you have received your PR, you will need to renew your re-entry permit regularly (every 5-10 years).
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague